Living together

Julie Anne

Location (City and/or State)
Hammond
I have five sulcata tortoises that have been living together for the past six years. They are all from the same hatching. When would they start becoming aggressive because mine get along fine. They all sleep together and hang out all day. Just curious-they’re in a pen that’s about 15 x 15 with a couple places for them to sleep or hang out during the day. I live in Louisiana where it’s really hot during the day and never below 70 at night. At this point my biggest problem is finding enough food for them to eat-that’s a process every day!! This picture shows part of the environment for the large tortoises the smaller area has five more small torts inside. I did not actively search for these tortoises they were bestowed upon me

Attachments

• D5F3031C-F3F9-4EB5-8054-8994484EBE98.jpeg
    D5F3031C-F3F9-4EB5-8054-8994484EBE98.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Usually the aggression happens with pairs, not with groups. Your group has already established top dog/low man as is evidenced by the size differences among a group from the same clutch.

Julie Anne

Hammond
Usually the aggression happens with pairs, not with groups. Your group has already established top dog/low man as is evidenced by the size differences among a group from the same clutch.
Good to know. I do have to make sure the smaller ones get food because the big ones definitely don’t miss a meal