Male? or female?

Myakoda

Location (City and/or State)
AZ.
I like doing both for peace of mind. The inside one keeps the sewed seams from soaking up water and making the outside of the tent wet. The outside one is there in case you missed some and the moisture is seeping through. I tape mine with gorilla water resistant tape all the way around inside so it doesnt let water go under the tarp and sit, then get the seems wet. With the tape I haven't had any issues, its just to make me feel better. Especially since the tarps are so cheap.
And don't worry! I have set up 4 of these now so you can learn from my trial and error ?
Right now, I'm looking up non toxic plastic liners, shower etc..lol.

Nelocin

Florida
Thanks I need it. I have no clue why I'm all stupid on this grow tent. I can do trig, but not set up a grow tent without all the anxiety! :rolleyes:?
Lol you just want to get it right. I'm a little nervous about the airways right now myself. I'll probably place like a plastic tube thick enough for oxygen to come in and out. I'm not sure yet.

But I do believe it was one tarp in and out. Or you could double up with two liners inside I'm assuming if you don't like the look. I even read somewhere about someone putting their whole tent on a dolly and it being moveable or something like that. It's a decent idea as long as it's supported in the bottom. ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Here are both of mine. My brother made me that stand for the top grow tent. Both have the blue tarps under it. They are just basic tarps with the metal holes to tie down.
20200817_201913.jpg
This is the whole inside of my leopards. The care would be pretty much the same since mine is a SA Leopard. You can see the black gorilla tape the whole way around the tarp. Make sure you give some slack though when you do it so it doesn't pull the tape down with the weight of the mulch/substrate. If possible I would put the tarp down, put mulch in, then tape it up so you know it secure and would come down. The ease of all that depends on what size you got though...
20200817_201932.jpg
And here is where all my cords leave the enclosure
20200817_201954.jpg
And last but not least, my little guy enjoying it and being the big chicken he is lol
20200817_201943.jpg

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Right now, I'm looking up non toxic plastic liners, shower etc..lol.
There are all kinds that are thankfully pretty cheap ?
Lol you just want to get it right. I'm a little nervous about the airways right now myself. I'll probably place like a plastic tube thick enough for oxygen to come in and out. I'm not sure yet.

But I do believe it was one tarp in and out. Or you could double up with two liners inside I'm assuming if you don't like the look. I even read somewhere about someone putting their whole tent on a dolly and it being moveable or something like that. It's a decent idea as long as it's supported in the bottom. ?
And no air holes needed ? that would give you a chimney effect which would suck out all your heat and humidity. Doing your daily food/water/soak/spot clean and just opening it to say hi (cuz we know we all do lol) gives them plenty of fresh air coming into the enclosure

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
20200726_120722.jpg
Here is his shell growth in it. He was starting to pyramid a bit when i got him because he was kept in 50% humidity, but now it looks great! The closed chamber and toms help made a world of difference for him.

Myakoda

AZ.
Here are both of mine. My brother made me that stand for the top grow tent. Both have the blue tarps under it. They are just basic tarps with the metal holes to tie down.
View attachment 303770
This is the whole inside of my leopards. The care would be pretty much the same since mine is a SA Leopard. You can see the black gorilla tape the whole way around the tarp. Make sure you give some slack though when you do it so it doesn't pull the tape down with the weight of the mulch/substrate. If possible I would put the tarp down, put mulch in, then tape it up so you know it secure and would come down. The ease of all that depends on what size you got though...
View attachment 303771
And here is where all my cords leave the enclosure
View attachment 303772
And last but not least, my little guy enjoying it and being the big chicken he is lol
View attachment 303773
Really nice set up! I'm going to do the tarp under for now, toss a ton of substrate inside, and her hide house, water, etc.. Keep it damp inside, and have the thermos, and humid detector thing lol inside, and see how that goes for now. I'm weirded out about putting plastic inside. I did find the stuff in the link below, I will add inside as well. What do you think? Also, she will only have her UVB light for now. Her room is very warm, I have the AC vents taped off so no AC really gets in, and we shut the door. It stays about 90 in there. Inside her teranium, it's 90, humidity 60ish. So ya, need to get her in the tent. :tort: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF3QYHG/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Myakoda

AZ.

We have a large table in her room it's going on, that's where her teraanium is now. :)

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Really nice set up! I'm going to do the tarp under for now, toss a ton of substrate inside, and her hide house, water, etc.. Keep it damp inside, and have the thermos, and humid detector thing lol inside, and see how that goes for now. I'm weirded out about putting plastic inside. I did find the stuff in the link below, I will add inside as well. What do you think? Also, she will only have her UVB light for now. Her room is very warm, I have the AC vents taped off so no AC really gets in, and we shut the door. It stays about 90 in there. Inside her teranium, it's 90, humidity 60ish. So ya, need to get her in the tent. :tort: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LF3QYHG/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20
@nicoleann2214 does hers without an inside liner I believe and she's able to keep her humidity in range, so maybe she can chime in with her thoughts on how she likes it ?
There are a hundred ways to make this work lol. Some are easier, some are prettier, and some are just confusing hahaha the more heads on this the better we all are ?
That link to the carpet won't be very good at all unfortunately... I'd go to home depot and grab cheap cypress instead.
I'm a little confused why you have the ac blocked off? I mean, Whatever works for you, just curious really ?.
My house stays 65-70 and I have their RHP/CHE's, basking light and uvb in there and it stays 86 ambient, 96-101 basking, 82-84 at night. With the closed chamber it keeps my bills down because the heat isn't always on. Only kicks on a few times a day really with the thermostat

Nelocin

Florida
View attachment 303774
Here is his shell growth in it. He was starting to pyramid a bit when i got him because he was kept in 50% humidity, but now it looks great! The closed chamber and toms help made a world of difference for him.
Omgggg a leopard sulcata mix? I've seen adult ones on YouTube. How adorable!!! And okay on the airholes. It still sounds scary. Can I ask what that top black thing is on the roof of your enclosure? Is it for humidity?

And here's to the same thing happening for me and my little guy. ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Omgggg a leopard sulcata mix? I've seen adult ones on YouTube. How adorable!!! And okay on the airholes. It still sounds scary. Can I ask what that top black thing is on the roof of your enclosure? Is it for humidity?
He's just a South African leopard tortoise ? no sulcata in there lol. Just the same care.

And that is my radiant heat panel that I have instead of using CHE's for his enclosure. It doesnt create a hot spot right under it like ches do so it doesnt make his carapace dry out as fast. I love it! I don't burn myself any more getting in there either. I'm super clumsy and have gotten my arm a time or two ??
My redfoot on the bottom still has the CHE set up though for now.
For humidity I don't have to have anything extra. No humidifier or anything. I just put some water in there to get it all damp when I first set it up, then i spray it in the morning to get what my heating elements dried over night. Stays 95-99% in there at all times easy peazy. I also spray his shell a couple times a day.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

And here's to the same thing happening for me and my little guy. ?
And yea, I was scary for me too, but keep in mind, even with those cords pulled tight it will never be air tight either ?

Nelocin

Florida
He's just a South African leopard tortoise ? no sulcata in there lol. Just the same care.

And that is my radiant heat panel that I have instead of using CHE's for his enclosure. It doesnt create a hot spot right under it like ches do so it doesnt make his carapace dry out as fast. I love it! I don't burn myself any more getting in there either. I'm super clumsy and have gotten my arm a time or two ??
My redfoot on the bottom still has the CHE set up though for now.
For humidity I don't have to have anything extra. No humidifier or anything. I just put some water in there to get it all damp when I first set it up, then i spray it in the morning to get what my heating elements dried over night. Stays 95-99% in there at all times easy peazy. I also spray his shell a couple times a day.
I feel like a goober. Lol thanks so much! And he's adorable
And yea, I was scary for me too, but keep in mind, even with those cords pulled tight it will never be air tight either ?
Brahhhh that's a game changer. I appreciate and will look into that as well. Super radiant. ? Lol Thanks for the smiles. Have a goodnight.

Myakoda

AZ.
@nicoleann2214 does hers without an inside liner I believe and she's able to keep her humidity in range, so maybe she can chime in with her thoughts on how she likes it ?
There are a hundred ways to make this work lol. Some are easier, some are prettier, and some are just confusing hahaha the more heads on this the better we all are ?
That link to the carpet won't be very good at all unfortunately... I'd go to home depot and grab cheap cypress instead.
I'm a little confused why you have the ac blocked off? I mean, Whatever works for you, just curious really ?.
My house stays 65-70 and I have their RHP/CHE's, basking light and uvb in there and it stays 86 ambient, 96-101 basking, 82-84 at night. With the closed chamber it keeps my bills down because the heat isn't always on. Only kicks on a few times a day really with the thermostat
Because she's in an open teranium, and it sucks all the humidity out of the room. Also we have a baby humidifier in the room, by her teranium. So with the door shut, and that on. It's keeps her at about 60% humidity, I want her to have 80+ humidity. I may not get that with this tent, I will be sellling a home, I want to buy the enclosed awesome chambers that Tom has. I will get one a large one. It's all inclusive, love it. Running two homes right now is a task finacially.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Because she's in an open teranium, and it sucks all the humidity out of the room. Also we have a baby humidifier in the room, by her teranium. So with the door shut, and that on. It's keeps her at about 60% humidity, I want her to have 80+ humidity. I may not get that with this tent, I will be sellling a home, I want to buy the enclosed awesome chambers that Tom has. I will get one a large one. It's all inclusive, love it. Running two homes right now is a task finacially.
Oh gotcha sorry, was jc. My tent stays 95-99% easily, but every situation is different. I totally get the financial thing. Especially during all this craziness.
Tom has gotten his from animal plastics. They are great too. Mark is the one who makes those smart enclosures. They are amazing and I would LOVE to have them one day. Definitely have those in mind too for later down the road. They are just beautiful!

Myakoda

AZ.
Oh gotcha sorry, was jc. My tent stays 95-99% easily, but every situation is different. I totally get the financial thing. Especially during all this craziness.
Tom has gotten his from animal plastics. They are great too. Mark is the one who makes those smart enclosures. They are amazing and I would LOVE to have them one day. Definitely have those in mind too for later down the road. They are just beautiful!
Oh def. I have Mark's info. As soon as I can, I'm ordering a large one, with everything all ready to go. they're awesome. :)