Meet Harley Quinn

Ari

I got Harley Quinn 2 weeks ago and was told she was 4 months old. She was kept in a dry environment but since I did research when I brought her home she went into a humid environment. She's in a 20 gallon short exo terra with a modified top (I put aluminum foil and pillow cases on top to keep the hot air in and the ac out!), her substrate is Eco earth and I mist her twice a day to keep her humidity up at 80% and when I notice the entire substrate is dried out I mist and mix it up to make it slightly damp again. She has an aloe Vera plant and a baby sun rose plant in her indoor cage and a log hide plus food and water dishes. Her temps (measured with my temp gun) are 100 at hot spot and the lowest (coldest area) is 88. I take her outside twice a day (8 am and 6 pm) for fresh air and natural sunlight and we stay out about an hour each time. She has a UVB bulb inside. She eats a mix of different veggies (dandelion, collard, mustard, kale, endive, radicchio, butter lettuce, etc) and mazuri, with calcium twice a week. She eats like a pig twice a day! Her shell was really soft when I got her and now it's barely soft. Her outdoor enclosure has aloe Vera, hibiscus, grape vine, honeysuckle, baby sun rose, and grass seed which has started to sprout! It's about 8ft x 4ft enclosure so when she gets big enough to be out there by herself she'll have room to roam.

Here's some pics of her and her enclosure:

81FC94CE-08B9-48F5-99B4-E9F41F8BDF8B_zps0xuwextj.jpg

6246E1A9-9513-4772-BBD9-BEDB111AD57E_zpsc4f0ivq8.jpg

D46BA0E2-F7E9-4542-9C08-314C830E3221_zpsno78naje.jpg

8CB937F9-101F-4D45-8DFD-799875A539C9_zpsh6rmwgky.jpg

47707F7B-F96F-4EE6-9A4E-9091D43DB032_zpsxyq0zd5n.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Sounds like you have done a great job with her. If it were me though, I would get the cooler side down some. Between 80-85 closer to 80. Otherwise I love the enclosure she has outside. Oh and you can pour some warm water in the inside enclosure to really get it wet and then you wouldn't have to worry about spraying it as often. My hatchling lives on wet substrate. Every day I dump her soaking water into the enclosure as long as she hadn't pooped in it.

Reactions: Ari

Ari

Hello and Welcome. Sounds like you have done a great job with her. If it were me though, I would get the cooler side down some. Between 80-85 closer to 80. Otherwise I love the enclosure she has outside. Oh and you can pour some warm water in the inside enclosure to really get it wet and then you wouldn't have to worry about spraying it as often. My hatchling lives on wet substrate. Every day I dump her soaking water into the enclosure as long as she hadn't pooped in it.

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking I might need to uncover part of the top of her inside enclosure to try to get that side down to 80. My house is kept at 80 so hopefully if I remove a section of the aluminum foil off the top it will cool that part down to room temp but then I'm afraid the humidity might drop a little, I'll have to try it and see. I'll try that with her soaking water, she gets soaked twice a day each time after her outside roaming to make sure she doesn't have anything from outside on her. I'm adding shade cloth outside tomorrow since the weather has been so hot some of the plants haven't been doing the greatest and it might allow her to be outside a little longer if we have some shade :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I got Harley Quinn 2 weeks ago and was told she was 4 months old. She was kept in a dry environment but since I did research when I brought her home she went into a humid environment. She's in a 20 gallon short exo terra with a modified top (I put aluminum foil and pillow cases on top to keep the hot air in and the ac out!), her substrate is Eco earth and I mist her twice a day to keep her humidity up at 80% and when I notice the entire substrate is dried out I mist and mix it up to make it slightly damp again. She has an aloe Vera plant and a baby sun rose plant in her indoor cage and a log hide plus food and water dishes. Her temps (measured with my temp gun) are 100 at hot spot and the lowest (coldest area) is 88. I take her outside twice a day (8 am and 6 pm) for fresh air and natural sunlight and we stay out about an hour each time. She has a UVB bulb inside. She eats a mix of different veggies (dandelion, collard, mustard, kale, endive, radicchio, butter lettuce, etc) and mazuri, with calcium twice a week. She eats like a pig twice a day! Her shell was really soft when I got her and now it's barely soft. Her outdoor enclosure has aloe Vera, hibiscus, grape vine, honeysuckle, baby sun rose, and grass seed which has started to sprout! It's about 8ft x 4ft enclosure so when she gets big enough to be out there by herself she'll have room to roam.

Here's some pics of her and her enclosure:

81FC94CE-08B9-48F5-99B4-E9F41F8BDF8B_zps0xuwextj.jpg

6246E1A9-9513-4772-BBD9-BEDB111AD57E_zpsc4f0ivq8.jpg

D46BA0E2-F7E9-4542-9C08-314C830E3221_zpsno78naje.jpg

8CB937F9-101F-4D45-8DFD-799875A539C9_zpsh6rmwgky.jpg

47707F7B-F96F-4EE6-9A4E-9091D43DB032_zpsxyq0zd5n.jpg

A very warm welcome to you and your gorgeous little tort to the forum! A wonderful enclosure too. Well done.

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread and ask any question when in need of help.