Meet Jacques! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Nice going Mooz!
I want the 'crab festival' sign behind my tanks too. Or better yet, crawdad festival!
I'll say this...Jacques is a unique specimen. Nice markings and color. But a hippocrepus all the way if she is locally captured.
Yes, I think she is especially pretty! Thanks!!! :)

Aeva

Location (City and/or State)
Madagascar
This is Jacques' current set up, as of August 2017. I made several changes: The long light is UVB T5 (2 bulbs) and the round light is just an incandescent for heat. I got the idea for her basking platform from YouTube videos by BauriBob. If you haven't found Bauri Bob's videos, they are WONDERFUL! He had an amazing custom made tank for his mud turtles that you have to see to believe. Jacques' basking platform is PVC pipes filled with sand (obviously capped on the bottom to stop the sand leaking out). The top of the platform is a plastic lighting grid referred to as "egg crate" which I tied soft fiberglass mesh over. It does a great job and she gets up and basks frequently.

View attachment 216328

View attachment 216329
Jacques is so lucky ! I wish I could provide such a beautiful habitat for my little one. Unfortunately, in the only store (in the whole country) that sell tanks, they are too expensive. Being an accidental owner of a water turtle (pelomedusa subrufa), I just try my best to take care of him. :) I've got no lamps for UV neither, so I get him out under the sun sometimes... Hello to this little beauty !