Meet my new Cherryhead Queen !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern part of Sweden
I got this new Redfoot Cherryhead on Sunday. I was amazed by the coloration, since she actually is a Cherryhead. A bit of orange head and nearly a yellow nose ! Could there be some "Northerner" in her genes ? All of my other Cherries are purely red, so I have my doubts...

I keep her in quarantine at the moment, and she is still very shy.

She is a 14 years old, weigh 3376 grams (7.44 lb) and is 260 millimeters (a bit over 10 inches) and my son named her Sarabi.

What you think ? I think her coloration and the marbling on her carapace is just great.

Sarabi_1.JPG Sarabi_2.JPG Sarabi_3.JPG

Sarabi_4.JPG Sarabi_5.JPG Sarabi_6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Your welcome but its true im looking forward to it to post pics when she joins your herd! :)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
She looks like a cherryhead to me. An odd colored one, but a cherryhead nonetheless.
Take good care of her and she might produce some neat looking hatchlings.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very nice ..... and love the unusal color ! .....

JD~:)

cdmay said:
She looks like a cherryhead to me. An odd colored one, but a cherryhead nonetheless.
Take good care of her and she might produce some neat looking hatchlings.

Hummmmmmmmmmm,,,Carl....maybe a hybrid? LOL

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
It is possible she is from the periphery of the 'classic' Cherryhead range and shares characteristics of the Cherryhead and those of the more customarily colored/patterned Southern (i.e. a cladal 'intergrade'). It is equally possible there is a non-Cherryhead (e.g. Northern, Western, etc.) contributor in her lineage. If you are unsure of her origin, there is no way to tell without testing.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Thank you all !

And yes, I will take care of her, no doubt

HLogic said:
It is possible she is from the periphery of the 'classic' Cherryhead range and shares characteristics of the Cherryhead and those of the more customarily colored/patterned Southern (i.e. a cladal 'intergrade'). It is equally possible there is a non-Cherryhead (e.g. Northern, Western, etc.) contributor in her lineage. If you are unsure of her origin, there is no way to tell without testing.

I have no idea where she originates from, other than the Gothenburg region here in Sweden. So it's a Swedish RF, that's why she is a bit yellow, and I'm still looking for blue spots on her, but I haven't found any yet... :D

The owner that I bought her from, had her for about 6-7 years, and she bought her from someone that she cannot get in touch with anymore. So you might be correct, I have no idea myself.

I have never seen any coloration myself like this before, at least not here in Sweden, so she is quite unique. But it would be interesting to know if anyone else on this forum had one similar ?

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
allegraf said:
Mike,

She looks like a cherryhead to me. Previously I posted some pics of my off colored cherryheads, "not reds" (scroll down the the bottom of the second page): http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Different-colors-of-cherryheads?page=2#axzz1VyvbJEZf

I have a yellow faced girl as well and several orange headed ones. I love those funny colors!

Allegra

Thanks for letting me know, Allegra.

To be honest, I was first a bit dissapointed when I first saw her in real life, since the pictures didn't show that she had an orange head and a yellow nose. So I first thought that she was a Northerner, but that was just at first sight. Then I quickly changed my mind, since I could see that she actually was a CH. Now I'm just amazed by her colors, and it feels better to know that I'm not alone out there ;)

The parents has a fantastic coloration and those hatchlings of yours are just gorgeous !

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.