(was told this was a cherryhead)?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston
Yaa im definatly keeping him wether hea a cheery head or northern.. But yes terry, his nose is definatly a tint of gold!

tortuga_please

5 Year Member
Ha if my wife came home with a tort I would IMMEDIATELY question what she had done first :p A bit pricey but you have a good tort (and gf too to get you one)

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Blake m said:
I saw them at petco today for 110!

I got my second from Petco's Black Friday sale for half off :p Can't beat $55 torts! On a side note, has anyone seen Pet Smart sell Redfoots? I think it's just a Petco thing.

Staying on topic, I think a lot of people are accurate in describing him as a mix. He doesn't look exactly like my baby northerner of approximately the same size, but he looks more like him than, say, the Cherry's that tortoisesupply sells.

As for price, $250 for a Cherryhead isn't unreasonable when you figure in shipping from an online place, but for $250 you better be getting a pure cherryhead. I would ask to see the rest of their stock and compare what they consider regular redfoots and what they consider cherryheads.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I paid £250 for The beggining, Then £240 for Big momma, just how much they are over here.

I would also say a mix, cherryhead characteristics but a redfoot looking plastron. (i am far from a professional!!! )

I paid £250 for The beggining, Then £240 for Big momma, just how much they are over here.

I would also say a mix, cherryhead characteristics but a redfoot looking plastron. (i am far from a professional!!! )

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Yaa if it was pure i wouldnt be to upset.. I just feel bad that my girlfriend paid 250$ for a mix which is not worth 250$

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
Ur lucky it's only 250 a pet store here in Canada I haven't seen a rf for under 499$ and for a true Cherryhead there's one at my local pet store for 749$

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Price has no reflection of where your heart is ! :shy:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
The person I got Pio (won't mention any names) from told me that he was giving her to me at a lower cost because she didn't have much color to her. Gulible me...Now after some years of watching and learning I find that it wasn't low at all. I didn't care if she had a lot of color, I just wanted a Cherry Head. Her personality makes up for her lack of color any way.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Yeaa but my girlriend disnt kno that.. If it was me buying i woulda got one from this site.. But now that i have "littlefoot"running around i love him.. Awesome personality.. Ill be posting more pics of my group

I sware i see marbling sometimes wen i look at her.. Time will tell :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Mgridgaway said:
Blake m said:
I saw them at petco today for 110!

I got my second from Petco's Black Friday sale for half off :p Can't beat $55 torts! On a side note, has anyone seen Pet Smart sell Redfoots? I think it's just a Petco thing.

Staying on topic, I think a lot of people are accurate in describing him as a mix. He doesn't look exactly like my baby northerner of approximately the same size, but he looks more like him than, say, the Cherry's that tortoisesupply sells.

As for price, $250 for a Cherryhead isn't unreasonable when you figure in shipping from an online place, but for $250 you better be getting a pure cherryhead. I would ask to see the rest of their stock and compare what they consider regular redfoots and what they consider cherryheads.

I saw a Redfoot at Petsmart this week! 1st one I've ever seen in real life.... it was cold and dry in the cage and of course on rabbit pellits. I shop there all the time for the School I work at, so they took me at my word when I told them how he should be kept. The next day (I had to re-turn a wrong purchase) I was happy to see the put it on a coir substrate, the temp was 80* and humidity was up to 75%.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
tortuga_please said:
Aren't there breeders on this forum that you can get a pure cherryhead from?

I have 35 eggs in the cooker now ...all Pure CHERRY
any day now ....and for the next 2 months ~:D

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
It stinks that she paid too much, but that kind of thing has a tendency to be forgotten as time goes on. He's adorable and it sounds like he's a great tortoise, so time to get over the negative and just enjoy him. :) You wouldn't have him if she didn't pay too much. You'd have some other tortoise that might not be as fun and cute. So, she paid the right amount for the right tortoise.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
it's not the price of the gift that matters.... it'd the thought behind it! Sounds like your GF is a keeper (kinda like the Cherryhead!;))

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
N2TORTS said:
I have 35 eggs in the cooker now ...all Pure CHERRY
any day now ....and for the next 2 months ~:D

Id love to add one of your cherrie JD!

Great advice guys.. Hey you know what..
GO PATRIOTS!!!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
With the second set of photos, I think I would call this one a pure or at least a 'mostly' Northern. While it does have some 'cherry' characteristics, they are not 'strongly' cherry and from what I can tell from my research, the plastron is sort of the trump card- not a Brazilian if it is a light plastron.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Madkins007 said:
With the second set of photos, I think I would call this one a pure or at least a 'mostly' Northern. While it does have some 'cherry' characteristics, they are not 'strongly' cherry and from what I can tell from my research, the plastron is sort of the trump card- not a Brazilian if it is a light plastron.

Lol your killing me madkins

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I also think he is a mix, but that said he is absolutely beautiful and I myself would not send him back. He's got an adorable little face on him and a very nice looking shell with a lot of nice colors. Congratulations. :)

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Sending him back was never in the question.. All my animals are part of my family.. I was just questioning the place my girlfriend bought it from.. "littlefoot" is a KEEPER!

Status
Not open for further replies.