Meet Skurt!

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Thanks! He explored his Tank for about an hour or two, took some nibbles of food, and borrowed himself in his hide to sleep. After his long journey I'm not too surprised though.

daniellenc

Maryland
It’s been awhile so figured I’d give a hello and update. It’s been a hectic year with my husband being diagnosed with cancer but little skurt is doing well and slowly growing. He should be about a year now as we got him last June and he’s definitely doubled in size easily. Hoping this weather gets a few degrees warmer so he can start spending time outside but he’s thrilled the flowers and weeds are back 7FA635C2-0F77-45CF-A4A0-D5F97B98EBA9.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey how is Skurt doing? We need an update!

daniellenc

Maryland
Hey how is Skurt doing? We need an update!
Finally got his new home set-up......It's been a bit hectic with my husbands cancer treatments and just me to handle everything but he's a monster now, lol. Though he's been doing his I'm not eating in my new home thing I'm hoping when the rest of my plants come he'll be happier.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Finally got his new home set-up......It's been a bit hectic with my husbands cancer treatments and just me to handle everything but he's a monster now, lol. Though he's been doing his I'm not eating in my new home thing I'm hoping when the rest of my plants come he'll be happier.
He got big! I think we both joined around the same time so I feel like Skurt and Murphy are honorary cousins lol. Sorry to hear about your husband, best wishes and positive vibes your way with that. I watched my dad do thru it last year, it's not easy. Cancer SUCKS!

daniellenc

Maryland
He got big! I think we both joined around the same time so I feel like Skurt and Murphy are honorary cousins lol. Sorry to hear about your husband, best wishes and positive vibes your way with that. I watched my dad do thru it last year, it's not easy. Cancer SUCKS!
He was given a terminal diagnoses on 2/14/2018 so it's been a long journey. Unfortunately, he is starting to get very sick and requires a lot of care which is why I haven't been on here much. I got his cage last summer, lol and it took me this long to get it together.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He was given a terminal diagnoses on 2/14/2018 so it's been a long journey. Unfortunately, he is starting to get very sick and requires a lot of care which is why I haven't been on here much. I got his cage last summer, lol and it took me this long to get it together.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost my dad to it September of 2018. Make sure to take care of yourself too. Handle what you need to and we'll be here for ya when you feel up to coming back. Best wishes!