Welcome for both of you!

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Keep updating. We like to hear the story. of course with pic. :D
Welcome for both of you!

Thank you much! I'll definitely keep everyone posted, I need all the help I can get!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Last edited:

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Looks great. Not sure from the single pix, but i think the substrate should be wetter. Looks a tad dry. Keep a good check on all your temps, and humidity levels. Soak daily and have fun with your new tort!

Yes it was a tad dry, no more, the rains came and we have good humidity now. Thank you for the help!!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I love everything about your little Spur! But car ride in 86... show much more of true sacrificial devotion to the family pet than I could do. I start panting at 79, and feel like "I'm suffocating" at 80... it is obvious that your little dude has found himself a very nice home and very caring tort parents. Congrats! Enjoy each other! It is supposed to be (hopefully) a very loooong ride:)

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Enjoying the 3 hour ride home. We kept the Jeep at a toasty 86 degrees the whole way.
I couldn't do that ! I would probably fall asleep !
m1801.gif

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I love everything about your little Spur! But car ride in 86... show much more of true sacrificial devotion to the family pet than I could do. I start panting at 79, and feel like "I'm suffocating" at 80... it is obvious that your little dude has found himself a very nice home and very caring tort parents. Congrats! Enjoy each other! It is supposed to be (hopefully) a very loooong ride:)

Thank you dearly! We did our homework on our decision and we don't want our little one to end up like so many others do unfortunately. I still have a lot to learn but that's why I joined this page and I'm sure glad I did because I've already learned a lot and I know I'll learn more and I've definitely met some great folks too!

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Great picture but My piece of advice would keep that baby in his enclosure as much as possible until he hits at least 100 grams. I would even leave him in his soak dish in the enclosure.