Merry Christmas to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Well , as a few of you know, my Leopard Pinkly, started out right after adoption, (years ago) scaring me with not laying eggs.
Danny has advised me in the past and I have been lucky. Well the last couple months, Pinkly has been doing the digging. She laid 6 eggs outside this past summer, and I figured we were done till next year.(She had trouble, it seemed the first time, digging alot, not eating, finally brought her in the vets, and she had a number inside that did not seem to want to come out, we had to go the injection route and she did fine. Well it had happened once or twice more and either I just don't wait long enough, or she doesn't want to produce here. She seems fine outside,
WELL I lingered as long as I could this time and she was not producing so I brought her in for an xray. 3 eggs.
Brought her home, got her warm, gave her one injection of calicum, then 30 minutes the oxy. Came back after a few errands, and voila!!!

ej9dj.jpg

Too bad I don't have a male eh???
It just makes me crazey to have to do that... how long is too long to wait??
Thanks
and Merry Christmas!
Nay

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So when are you going to get her a guy? :D Was she with a male before you got her?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Do you think she just might not want to lay unless it is warm? I don't know anything about it, just wondering.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Joy, I am really questioning whether the warmth is playing a big part? Her hottest area sometimes has trouble getting to 80. We are working on that, but am starting to believe that certainly could be a contributing factor...
Jacqui,,,she has been a single girl all her life:( The guy who had her for 8 yrs prior to me had her alone, and although I have a pair of RF's and a pair of ornates, she is alone..
Someone told me, this could still be a problem ,even if she had a man. Not looking.
But she has done this a few times. ugh
Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.