Miserable!!?? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilDox

5 Year Member
Ok, so today i took alot of your advice and used coco coir for the first time!!! After it drying out a little, i put My leopard in her vivarium and she seems to hate it! She has ignored her food and is staying on the cooler side under her leaves and burying herself in the hay! She hasnt basked today and im a little unsure if this is normal? she just seems miserable! :( help!!!!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Changing things around in the tortoises enclosure can cause stress sometimes. You'll have to give it some time to see how she likes it.

One thing - you mentioned in another post that the coco coir was damp, and in this post you said you are also using hay...Do you have the hay well separated from the damp coco coir? If not, that will cause problems with molding really quick.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be sure to pat it down. Otherwise it is hard for them to walk on. Second, be sure the "cool side" is not cooler than 80. Then give her time to adjust.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I have used it but did not like it. It sticks to them and can get in there eyes and sticks to the food. I now use orchid bark and I am very happy with it.

LilDox

5 Year Member
Missy said:
I have used it but did not like it. It sticks to them and can get in there eyes and sticks to the food. I now use orchid bark and I am very happy with it.

Did your tort go miserable with it? I didn't think she would react like this I'm going to give her a couple of days and see how she is xxx

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Changes can cause stress!
Look at the bright side your tort is naturally burrowing and hiding in it :)

LilDox

5 Year Member
She seems loads better today basking and walking up and down she looks a lot happier thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.