Misting

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlyholmes

5 Year Member
Okay so twice a day, I have a squirt bottle and I mist the entire enclosure. Its taxing lol. What can you use that is inexpensive and effective for misting an indoor enclosure? I saw a "mister" at petco, are those worth the money?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
About two years ago I purchased a hand pessurized plant sprayer from Kmart. Pump it up, set trigger, hang it, and let the mist go. Cheaper than petshop variety too.

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
I don't have any experience with them (perhaps someone else has more insight) but I've heard of people using a cool mist humidifier near the enclosure on a timer to get the humidity up.

I have used a water fountain with good success in the past. Its not a mist system, but the turtle enjoyed walking over it and it added to the humidity; an increase of about 5-10%. It stayed pretty clean, but I had to fill it daily. They sell specialty reptile versions at the pet store, but the one I had was $10 from Walgreens.

Saloli

5 Year Member
middle river
You can use a pump sprayer I modified one that I used a reducer to 5/8" low pressure horticulture misting j

Line with a misting nozzle and a shut off valve. Basically I pressurize the chamber and open the shut off and let it run for a period then I shut it off and depressurize the chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.