Mixing Radiated's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
Thinking of getting another Radiated but this one's less than a year old and 1/3 the size of my other 2 Radiated's. Will the 2 larger one's harm the smaller one?
Also are juvenile Radiated's generally more yellow in color? This one has much more below, unless the black markings have not been formed yet but the seller is asking a higher price claiming it has more yellow on it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
You would need a second enclosure first for quarantine purposes. Next is yes, certainly when one tortoise is smaller it often gets bullied, stressed, and shoved out of the way for top food, shelter, basking, ect. Not so much with Radiateds as other species, but there could be actual physical damage down by bigger ones to smaller roommates. Best to keep the smaller one all by himself... atleast til it grows up and catches up with the other two. :tort:

samstar

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
You would need a second enclosure first for quarantine purposes. Next is yes, certainly when one tortoise is smaller it often gets bullied, stressed, and shoved out of the way for top food, shelter, basking, ect. Not so much with Radiateds as other species, but there could be actual physical damage down by bigger ones to smaller roommates. Best to keep the smaller one all by himself... atleast til it grows up and catches up with the other two. :tort:

Thanks for clearing my doubts. In that case I'll probably give it a miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.