More hello from Portland

Roo Bot

Location (City and/or State)
Portland, Oregon
Hello,
My partner's coworker found a Russian tortoise wandering around her rural property. Partner and I have a reputation for loving critters and I work with a vet who treats reptiles. We ended up getting an unplanned Russian addition. She isn't the healthiest creature, but seems to be enjoying her warm basking spot and getting more fiesty with every antibiotic treatment. She isn't eating much, but I am hopeful she will start. Its been a crash course in tortoise husbandry! But she's pretty easy to love. We've had her about a week.

I'm fantasizing about a fancy, backyard enclosure and very much hoping she pulls through.

This forum seems pretty great! I've been lurking around for a few days and appreciate how active and informative it is here!

~Roo

photo_83.jpg

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Hello and welcome! Hope she does well, lucky she found her way to someone who loves her already.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) You did find the best place for tortoise info and chat. Good lucky with her. Btw, did you to find her owner?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Roo Bot

Portland, Oregon
I've been searching for her owner- yes. It seems like she's probably been handled quite a bit and she's fairly large. She seems to enjoy chin scratches. : ) I'd gladly return her to her owners if they seem competent and/or willing to appropriately care for her. The property where she was found is often a place where unwanted cats are dumped, and none of the neighbors seem to be missing a tortoise.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Just keep in mind torts are addicting ! Have a great tort day

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Russians are awesome :)

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome to TFO and congratulations on finding such a treasure.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here! !

Welcome.