Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
just curious what y'all think
I've never heard of either of these either. I had traditional "Chicago Pizza" in Chicago with Barb and her husband. It was not a casserole in any way, and it was absolutely delicious.

My wife makes a fantastic chili, and she's Italian, so she makes the most fantastic spaghetti from scratch with her family's northern Italian red sauce recipe. I mean she makes the pasta herself from eggs and flour. Its incredible. I cannot conceive of calling ZEROPILOT's nasty watery "spaghetti" chili. Yuck. And I love cinnamon, but it has NO place in chili.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Watery chilli spag indicates it was frozen...yuck...or they can't cook! Lol

My old race partner's mom used to make her noodles from scratch too. That is some good eating....no matter what you make with them. I also had zero money at the time so it was always a great meal!

As a traveler I have found that any food with a hometown or trendy name tastes like cra* and is overpriced by greedy management.

Worst cheese steak sub was found in Philadelphia and the worst burger AND pizza was found in Chicago...never tried cinnamon on real food.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Maybe they are referring the Chicago deep dish pizza as casserole?

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Maybe they are referring the Chicago deep dish pizza as casserole?

Yes its a "NY vs Chicago" Pizza thing. Jon Stewart referred to Deep Dish pizza as a casserole and the battle began. I can say, being from NJ, I do eat my pizza "folded" and people not from there find that weird, so 🤷

I have had "Cincinnati Chili", but I never heard it being that "instead" of spaghetti, its just Chili with Spaghetti, but I guess maybe if it was mostly spaghetti I could see someone thinking it deceptive, but I've seen weirder.

I "like" deep dish pizza, but its not what is in my head when I think about or talk about, "Pizza".

FYI: Folded Pizza:

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I have made chilli and put it on top of thick egg noodles, with a roll. My chili is thicker and NO CINNAMON. Yummy. I make it every winter.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
There should be a o. none of the above choice. Unless it has cinnamon in it.😊
I do use a little cinnamon in my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Not in chilli or pizza 😝

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Mine would win. My grandma taught me how to make it....
No doubt it would. In all honesty, Cincinnati chili is nothing but hot dog chili with a bit of cinnamon and cloves added to the mix. When I moved here it made me gag. I've since developed a taste for it, but after years of acclimation. lol

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
And let me tell you about Chicago pizza. I mean really? Sauce on top? Seems that someone suffering from dyslexia came up with that concept! And who cuts it into squares??? Same dyslexic person couldn't cut adamn pizza properly. lol

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
And let me tell you about Chicago pizza. I mean really? Sauce on top? Seems that someone suffering from dyslexia came up with that concept! And who cuts it into squares??? Same dyslexic person couldn't cut adamn pizza properly. lol
I am having lou malnati's Chicago deep dish pizza tonight. You should be jealous! Sauce on top to keep the inside flavorful and not greasy. I don't cut deep dish in squares however thin crust YES!! Clearly I grew up close to Chicago (about a 20 minute drive to downtown). Who folds a pizza?? Have a soft shell taco pizza.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I am having lou malnati's Chicago deep dish pizza tonight. You should be jealous! Sauce on top to keep the inside flavorful and not greasy. I don't cut deep dish in squares however thin crust YES!! Clearly I grew up close to Chicago (about a 20 minute drive to downtown).
Lol! I grew up on NY style pizza. I live for grease!!!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Figures. I do like the grease but my stomach, not so much later.
Meh. My son and I take trips to Chicago once or twice a year just for the pizza, so I'm one to talk. It's gotta be fresh outta the brick oven though. Like heaven on earth!

Reactions: Ink