Moving, female layed eggs

TragikSoul

5 Year Member
We just bought a house and been awaiting the closing and date we can move in. It's May in the desert here, trying to keep my female distracted and away from her usual spot. She found a new spot and layed eggs this morning. My question is... What do I do? Lol Can I dig them up and replace them in the ground at the new house? Do I just destroy them? Do I need to buy an incubator? I am in no way a breeder. I just happen to have rescued a female and a male. With the new house the plan is to build a way to keep them seperate, hopefully. Help, please.

Attachments

• 20230518_111024.jpg
    20230518_111024.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
We just bought a house and been awaiting the closing and date we can move in. It's May in the desert here, trying to keep my female distracted and away from her usual spot. She found a new spot and layed eggs this morning. My question is... What do I do? Lol Can I dig them up and replace them in the ground at the new house? Do I just destroy them? Do I need to buy an incubator? I am in no way a breeder. I just happen to have rescued a female and a male. With the new house the plan is to build a way to keep them seperate, hopefully. Help, please.
Where is here? What desert?

They might hatch if you leave them, so I would dig them up. If you don't want to incubate them, maybe we can find someone who does near you?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You also need to absolutely separate them. Tortoises should not be housed as a pair. Specially one male with one female. He will try to breed her to illness or death. They are under a lot of constant stress living in pairs.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Its all up to you. I wouldn't leave them as they could hatch out and they are not a native species. Ur choices are incubate them, give them away, destroy them or good reptile food