Moving outside tortoise inside

JanetSP

Location (City and/or State)
bognor regis, West Sussex UK
We are having to move our outdoor tortoise indoors as not well enough to hibernate. Please could anyone advise on use of heat lamp and environment that is best for him. Thanku

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello!

We need to know what species of tortoise, size/age. Why is he not well enough to hibernate?

Have you kept him outside since you got him? How long ago was that?

Please post some pictures of your tortoise taken from all sides, showing carapace, plastron, anal area, and face.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We are having to move our outdoor tortoise indoors as not well enough to hibernate. Please could anyone advise on use of heat lamp and environment that is best for him. Thanku
In addition to what Karen asked, it would help to know where you are in the world. I had to look up Bognor Regis. May I suggest adding a simple: ", UK" to your location?

This gives us clues to help you.

If you have one of the Testudo, here is the care info:

JanetSP

Hello!

We need to know what species of tortoise, size/age. Why is he not well enough to hibernate?

Have you kept him outside since you got him? How long ago was that?

Please post some pictures of your tortoise taken from all sides, showing carapace, plastron, anal area, and face.
Hi
I have added more to my location thank you. The tortoise is 52 years old and has lived outside and hibernated all of his life. I think the current climate change has thrown him where the temperature fluctuates so much. He has stopped eating and is now being tube fed for sustenance. We have been to our local reptile shop and are looking at purchasing everything as a bundle. He is at my mum's at mo so will try and get some photos. He has had xrays and blood tests done and nothing abnormal showing.
Thanks

JanetSP

Hi
I have added more to my location thank you. The tortoise is 52 years old and has lived outside and hibernated all of his life. I think the current climate change has thrown him where the temperature fluctuates so much. He has stopped eating and is now being tube fed for sustenance. We have been to our local reptile shop and are looking at purchasing everything as a bundle. He is at my mum's at mo so will try and get some photos. He has had xrays and blood tests done and nothing abnormal showing.
Thanks
Sorry should have said he is a Meditteranean spur about 8 to 10 ins long

JanetSP

In addition to what Karen asked, it would help to know where you are in the world. I had to look up Bognor Regis. May I suggest adding a simple: ", UK" to your location?

This gives us clues to help you.

If you have one of the Testudo, here is the care info:
Thank you I have added more to my location. My toroise is 52 and has always lived outside then hibernated up til now. He is a Mediterranean spur. I have printed off the discussion, thank you

Reactions: Tom