My first eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
England / Liverpool
Hi everyone

I'm well excited my Hermann's tortoise has just had her first three eggs but im not sure if their alright because their more of a long shape and i thought they are meant to be a round shape.

what do you think? (please look at pics):)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Congratulations Danny :)

They look perfectly normal to me. :) As a general rule, small tortoises lay elongated eggs and larger tortoises lay round eggs. Hopefully all 3 are fertile. What temperature are you incubating at?

Danny

Danny

5 Year Member
England / Liverpool
egyptiandan said:
Congratulations Danny :)

They look perfectly normal to me. :) As a general rule, small tortoises lay elongated eggs and larger tortoises lay round eggs. Hopefully all 3 are fertile. What temperature are you incubating at?

Danny

Thanks :) the temp is 30.4c, the incubator is automatic it controls the heat and humidity etc.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Thats quite an incubator, never seen one like it! Do you like it?

Danny

5 Year Member
England / Liverpool
bettinge said:
Thats quite an incubator, never seen one like it! Do you like it?

ye its amazing its got all different settings for different types of animals you just pick the animal you want and it automatically has the correct settings and it controls the temp and humidity with a built in fan to cool it down when it gets too hot, it also tells you when to add water and it counts down the days until the eggs hatch. :) the only down side is the cost of it.

hali said:
owwww how wonderful - congratulations

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Those incubators are pretty nice! Especially when you compare them to what I used for my first incubator (years ago). I had an old fish tank with newspaper taped around the outside for insulation and a piece of styrofoam for a lid, to heat it I used a 1 gallon glass jar filled with water and put a fish tank heater in it. Placed the jar at one end of the tank and adjusted the temp until I got it where I wanted it.
I used that thing to hatch 100's of corn snake, bearded dragon and leopard gecko eggs.

Wish I had one of these new ones.

madiekins

5 Year Member
Congratulations!!!

Hope to hear more about them in the future!!!!

Diana

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Danny,
What is the name of your incubator if you don't mind me asking?

Danny

5 Year Member
England / Liverpool
TortieLuver said:
Danny,
What is the name of your incubator if you don't mind me asking?

its a professional R-COM digital incubator. just type pro r-com incubator into your search engine for pictures and info on it, just to let you know they are around £400 so shop around and you might get 1 cheaper, i would have only i was in a rush as i was expecting eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.