My First Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorrow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
I got this tattoo of my daughters handprint yesterday on my ribs hurt like hell :p but it was worth it :D what do yall think about it???

IMG_2179.jpg

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I think that's pretty cool as far as tattoos go--I doubt you could ever regret it! Adorable. I want to get a tortoise tat somewhere once they have removable ink (but not henna).

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I know someone who got a heart and pawprint near her heart.. then another.. then a horse shoe on the back of her neck, then another then a whole herd on her back... addicting they say...!

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
Thanx everyone... Terry It would hurt a little but the pain only last for the tattooing so if it were small it would be over in no time.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Terry, Josh is right, it only hurts while they are doing it. So a small one won't be bad.

My sister is afraid of the pain, so, we were going together to get tattoos. We've done this twice now, I have 2 tattoos, and she has.........none~! She's chickened out both times. Now, when I go to Denver in June to see her, she says she'll get one along with me (that is if I can find an artist. The one who did my other 2 is booked until November~!) Yeah, right, I'll have 3 and she'll have none LOL

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terry, I got mine on my 45th Birthday. I have a blue shaded crescent moon done in Celtic knots on my right shoulder. It was not bad, felt kinda like being irritated with a fox-tail (the weed). Like when you have one in your sock and it just kind of scratches you. They say getting a tat over a bony area is more painful and that the low of the back, elbows and ankles bones are some of the worst places as far as pain. I've been thinking of placing one of my torts under the moon. But I need my friend to draw one first.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yep, any bony area hurts more, my ankle hurt when Patrick hit the bony area. My other one is on my right shoulder blade, and only hurt where he had to go over the area multiple times because of the detail work. Again, it only hurts while they are doing it, and, once it's done and healed, it's always there for you. I really love my tattoos.

Robyn, I got my first at 37 and my second at 40. Both times, my Mom had a fit. I didn't tell her about either until they were done (well, the second, she didn't know about for 2 years), and now that she knows I'm going to get another, she's having a fit and telling me that "tattoos are out of style" LOL I feel bad for her, but, I like them and will continue. The sad thing for her, is that my dad thinks they are great~! Luckily for her he has skin prob's or he would be out there with me :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Josh, I just realized there is a lot of ink in that little handprint :). What a sweet thing to do. You know she will grow up knowing she has daddys heart. :)

Alyce, my dad had a butterfly placed on each shoulder while he was in the service. Both my brothers have butterflies too, sort of a rite of passage, I think. My Mom and I would always tease about getting a black widow or scorpion on our shoulders but my Dad had no trouble letting us both know tattoos were only for "bad" girls. You know the kind that are ‘wild and reckless’, and that we were anything but.

Well my Mom and dad both passed 3 years before I got mine (over 14 yrs ago). But I was so surprised to hear my adult daughters say how cool she thought it was when she saw mine through my blouse and finally showed me hers. I didn't know she even had one. :p Its a flying unicorn on her ankle, she said she couldn't decide wheather to get Peguses or a unicorn. :)

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
yea i took a little while about a hour and a half tattoo time.... Thats real cool your daughter liked yours... and funny she had been hiding hers. :D

jorrow

5 Year Member
Alabama
thanks stace i cant show my lil girl yet shell wanna touch it an it hasnt healed yet. I think she is gonna love it though

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
aww its very sweet... I wanna get both my daughters (ages 20 and 9) their actual baby feet print tatted on me, but right now working on a large tattoo that covers the whole outside of my right thigh. My mom who is 54 and a cancer survivor got a bear claw done on her back.. She is hooked now and cant wait to have more work done.. Which will happen because her grand daughter (my daughter) is a tattoo artist.. :)

The worst part of the pain is the outline, if you can make it through that then you are golden.. :)

Yes!!!They are like potato chips, can't have just one.. :) Some of my oldest tatts are 20 years old and they still look as great as the day I got them and I still love each of them and never regret getting any of them..

desertsss

5 Year Member
That is an awesome tat. I love it.
And yah the rib tats are very painful.
I got a japanese kanji (sp?) on my ribs for my high school graduation.
My sis and me got the same tat but she got hers on her foot.
It hurt bad but I also think the artist wasn't very skilled. She was practically scraping my ribs.
I have a couple more I need to get and then I will be done for a while.
As of now I have 5. A rose for my mom, I have matching tats with both my sisters, I have a sun/moon with stars and then my fave is a ying yang as the center of a lotus flower. Very colorful.
I need to get one for my dad, my step-daughter, and then my hubby and I are getting our wedding rings tatted on. Yes they are quite addicting. :D

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
I have one tattoo on my left shoulder, never thought I’d ever get one but don’t regret it at all. In fact now I want another one on the other shoulder.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
richalisoviejo said:
I have one tattoo on my left shoulder, never thought I’d ever get one but don’t regret it at all. In fact now I want another one on the other shoulder.

Hey! WELCOME BACK!!
and yes tatoos are addicting. I have never met a person that just had one for more than 5 years. usually a person will get a second within 5 years of gthe first one.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Weloveourtortoise said:
richalisoviejo said:

Hey! WELCOME BACK!!
and yes tatoos are addicting. I have never met a person that just had one for more than 5 years. usually a person will get a second within 5 years of gthe first one.

Thanks!

You’re right, I can’t say I know of anyone that just has one. I haven’t decided what I want next but my graphic designer friend will be the one to design it.

Status
Not open for further replies.