My fish

kobobird

Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
I just wanted to share some pics of my fish. I'm more of a fish person than reptiles to be honest but my reptiles are creeping up on me :). Anyway I have a blood parrot cichlid with a jack dempsey and severum. They're in a 55 now and will upgraded soon. Any way here are my babies. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491752605.273394.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491752644.330992.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1491752671.464263.jpg please excuse the stuff in the water. I had to feed them to get up close pictures. I also have Multifasciatus (african shell dwelling cichlid) but they're impossible to take picture of.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just wanted to share some pics of my fish. I'm more of a fish person than reptiles to be honest but my reptiles are creeping up on me :). Anyway I have a blood parrot cichlid with a jack dempsey and severum. They're in a 55 now and will upgraded soon. Any way here are my babies. View attachment 204334View attachment 204335View attachment 204336 please excuse the stuff in the water. I had to feed them to get up close pictures. I also have Multifasciatus (african shell dwelling cichlid) but they're impossible to take picture of.
Love the parrots

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nice
Here's my Flowerhorn and Redtail cat.

You got a pond out back for that red tail? You can practically watch those things grow.

We got in a shipment of those once and they were in bad shape. Boss told me if I could save them I could have them. I saved 11 out of 12 and they all regenerated their burned off barbels and were fine. I threw a 2" baby in my 130 gallon South American cichlid tank and I was afraid my juvenile oscars would swallow him whole. They usually don't bother catfish, so I decided to risk it. 4 Months later the catfish swallowed the oscars. No joke. My RT once swallowed a suction cup that held the heater in place and I had to literally stick my fingers down his throat to pull it out and save his life. Mine used to come up and beg to be petted too. I love the species, but man, I've never seen anything grow that fast.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You got a pond out back for that red tail? You can practically watch those things grow.

We got in a shipment of those once and they were in bad shape. Boss told me if I could save them I could have them. I saved 11 out of 12 and they all regenerated their burned off barbels and were fine. I threw a 2" baby in my 130 gallon South American cichlid tank and I was afraid my juvenile oscars would swallow him whole. They usually don't bother catfish, so I decided to risk it. 4 Months later the catfish swallowed the oscars. No joke. My RT once swallowed a suction cup that held the heater in place and I had to literally stick my fingers down his throat to pull it out and save his life. Mine used to come up and beg to be petted too. I love the species, but man, I've never seen anything grow that fast.
I have two ponds out back. But neither are large enough for a full grown Redtail.
I'm hoping he'll stop growing at around 3 feet.
Otherwise, I'll be doing a much larger pond.