1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Just got started with discus fish, and altum angel fish

Discussion in 'Fish & Aquaria' started by FloraFauna.com, Nov 6, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. FloraFauna.com

FloraFauna.com New Member 5 Year Member

Hi Tortoise Lovers,

I'm a longtime member wanting to share with you the fruits of my recent discus and angel fish project. I had a neighbor who recently moved out of state and gifted me his 100g aquarium. My imagination began running wild, and pretty soon, I found myself daydreaming at work trying to figure out the perfect combination of fish to fill it with.

Should I get oscars? Jack Dempsey cichlids? Frontosas? The possibilities were endless.

Pretty soon, I was fantasizing about altum angel fish and discus because the combination of these to majestic beauties together in the same aquarium was a sight that was too difficult for me to resist.

Next, I found myself researching every discus book, article, and website I could get my hands on. After cycling my aquarium for 4-5 weeks, I decided to take the plunge and add some fish. I stumbled onto discus.com and was impressed by their customer service and return policy. After speaking with them on the phone, I was hooked. I placed an order of 6 wild discus, 24 altums, and 8 hybrid (cultivated) discus.

I have had the fish in my care for 2 weeks. I have attached photos of my setup. Enjoy!

P.S. I purchased my freshwater stingray separately. :)

55719339_802757883456643_6199307029987721216_o.jpg

57348229_813774019021696_7624315292616753152_o.jpg
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Location (City and/or State):
    Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    It's very beautiful! I've always liked the looks of discus, however, don't have any aquariums.
  3. Maro2Bear

Maro2Bear Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
    Wow! Impressive! No substrate? Beautiful fish.
  4. NorCal tortoise guy

NorCal tortoise guy Well-Known Member

Northern California
    so cool! I have always wanted to keep discus but have yet to do it