My New Cherryheads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I got these beauties from Carl May and Eric Holt from Empire Of the Turtle. They will both be at the Daytona expo. And yes I did just get EIGHT of them LOL! :D I am blessed to live in a state where they will be able to live outside year 'round once they are large enough. I'm very, VERY happy to get them!

Attachments

• Torts.jpg
    Torts.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Torts 1.jpg
    Torts 1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Torts 4.jpg
    Torts 4.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Torts 5.jpg
    Torts 5.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 54

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Wow! EIGHT at once? That must have set you back quite the pretty penny! They are all beautiful. I love the one with the light shell!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Meg90 said:
Wow! EIGHT at once? That must have set you back quite the pretty penny! They are all beautiful. I love the one with the light shell!

Yup, it sure did, but I'm glad that I got them and both men gave me very fair prices for them. Eventually if I'm lucky and take good care of them I hope to breed them.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
DoctorCosmonaut said:
Sure beats Oregon if you want to take your tropical torts outside ;)

And they should be feeling right at home as if they were in Bahia as it was 95% humidity here today!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
They are beautiful congratulations on your purchase, but what does Carl have to take to sell at the expo in Florida now? :D I also like the one with the light shell...so pretty.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Candy said:
They are beautiful congratulations on your purchase, but what does Carl have to take to sell at the expo in Florida now? :D I also like the one with the light shell...so pretty.

These were from a previous batch, they aren't from his current batch that he has pics of. They had held them for me for some time before shipping them out because of a number of variables on my end. Still lots of beauties that they will both have there for sure! 4 were from Carl and 4 were from Eric.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Bryan...they are absolutely stunning...just beautiful. You are very lucky to be able to get any of their babies. Carl's torts are outstanding.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
terryo said:
Bryan...they are absolutely stunning...just beautiful. You are very lucky to be able to get any of their babies. Carl's torts are outstanding.

For sure Terry, very blessed. I got some more pics to share today. Today was mango madness for the little torts! Mango season is just about done here so they'll be Jonesing for mango's come next summer with the exception of a few here and there that I'll pick up out of season. Also took another pic of the light shell colored one as he seems to be the favorite of a few of the posters here. Eric had one that could almost pass off as its twin with just a slightly darker shell and a little different markings although the scale color was pretty well identical. Not sure if he's sold it since or if he has it at the expo?

Attachments

• Mango madness.jpg
    Mango madness.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 37
  • Mango madness 1.jpg
    Mango madness 1.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Light Shell.jpg
    Light Shell.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 34

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Crazy1 said:
Congratulations on your new 8 babies (Octotortdad) LOL. They are lovely.

LOL! I'm not as pretty as Octomom (minus the fake looking lips) LOL, but I am even crazier than her! :p However just like her I plan on adding to the herd!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Seeing if this will work
IMG[

Bryan

10 Year Member!
More pics!

More pics!

Attachments

• Cherryhead 1.jpg
    Cherryhead 1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Cherryhead.jpg
    Cherryhead.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 25
  • Cherryhead 2.jpg
    Cherryhead 2.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Cherryhead 3.jpg
    Cherryhead 3.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 27

Bryan

10 Year Member!
terryo said:
If I had to pick one...I couldn't. They are just beautiful.

Thanks Terry, it really is hard to "go wrong" with cherryheads as even ones that aren't deemed to be "top notch" are still very nice animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.