My Russian is an acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creedence

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
Hi everyone. Today I caught my little guy flipped on his back three times. In the past hour. Right now he's in a square bookcase I just set up yesterday (I've only had him for about a week) and I was wondering what the best way to climb-proof the corners is, as I keep catching him in the act. I had a flower pot embedded in the substrate in one of them, but he still manages to push it over/out of the way. If it's relevant, he's only about a little less than three inches long. I'd post pictures of the enclosure, but I seem to be having trouble uploading, haha. Thanks ahead of time!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps you can place some corner caps to block his view of the "wonderful corner that leads to some place AWESOME"....hahaha.

Maybe use books and lay them across the corners to block his view....:D

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
The walls are high enough that he can't see out (he hasn't gotten high enough too see out, At least I don't think) but I'll try the book thing for now. My mom suggested heavy cans/jars to put in the corners, good or bad?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I would block the corners to prevent climbing, something like your mom suggested could work. You could also place a board across the corner, eliminating the 90° angle. I don't think capping the corners will help since you are more worried about him climbing (and flipping over) rather than escape.

On second thought, something like your mom mentioned might not be best. It might create a space he could wedge himself into. Let me try to find a pic of what I'm talking about with the boards.

This is why I rethought what I originally said:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=5501

I would try something like the fifth picture in the OP here:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Hello-from-sunny-Arizona#axzz1zWOKGdSJ

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
Ahhh, that makes sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll get on that, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.