My set up (couple different enclosures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well i finally took some pictures of my set up for you guys. At the top is my leopard tortoises new 60"x30" tortoise table that i made for him. Its lined wiht heavy duty garbage bags for easy clean up and will protect the wood from water. You can see it resides over an old desk with my russian tortoises waterland tub below it. It turned out good cause the bottom of the table was also a mount for the second tiers lamp and put their supplies in the drawers. And at the very bottom is my baby sulcatas enlcosure.

This was a box a made a long time ago with barely any tools (can ya tell LOL) but its serves its purpose. That one is 36"x22". And yes that is my dog swiss in the picture he is a rat terrier/min pin mix.All habitats are equiped with a Thermometer/Hygrowmeter. Two are using exo-terra 160 watt MVB bulbs. One uses 75 watt basking lamp with 18 " 10.0 exo-terra flourescent.

The sulcata and leopards have the ceramic bulb for night time and humid hides. The russians for a humid hide i let them use their bedding and moisten it every three days with warm water. I use eco-earth/playsand mix in every enclosure now. SO just wanted to show you some creative ways to make a couple of indoor habitats with minimal space. This is right in my room too and i still have room for my furniture plus they get all the attenion in the world from me !

Attachments

• tortoise habitat view.jpg
    tortoise habitat view.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Leopoard tortoise table.jpg
    Leopoard tortoise table.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 162
  • Leopard tortoise table 2.jpg
    Leopard tortoise table 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 135
  • russian tortoise tub.jpg
    russian tortoise tub.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 147
  • sulcata enclosure.jpg
    sulcata enclosure.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 157

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Very nice. I like that it has such a small footprint and yet it is 3 habitats. Too bad the Waterland tubs cost so much. They are great habitats. Good job.

Yvonne

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks i got the idea from reptiles magazine. It was an issue that had different enclosures for turtles and tortoise and one guy had four stacked kind like mine but all of them where like my leopards table just 4 of them of if you can picture it.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yes i do have yard but i hope to find him a suitable home well before than !

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
you're not keeping your sully? Not to be rude, but how did you come by one in the first place? Was he a rescue?

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I really wish i could but yes he was surrendered to me from a craigslist poster. He was in terrible shape but has made one heck of turn around. I would love to keep him and after what ive been through wiht him it will be hard to see him eventually go but at size these guys get they deserve to be in a better suited state. Im out of chicago so i would rather see him in like arizona or california. Yes i have a leopard that im keeping but that was by choice and they dont get as big as the suclata( i have paradilis babcocki). No your not rude btw ! Heres the link to how i got him and his prior condition:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5217.html

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...that is a good thing you are doing. I wish I didn't live so far from you(MS). I would love to take him. I worked for 8 years for a vet who also is a reptile vet. I still rehab box turtles for him. I just pay for the meds, never an office call, so I could continue to get proper care for him without it breaking the budget.
Good luck in finding him a good home
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.