My star tortoise is not eating , and its always at a corner ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You have been given very good info about what to do to better the life of your tortoise, all this with out getting the answers from you we all have been asking for in order to better help you. So, to make up for the the lack of info you have provided to us. You should make all the changes that have been suggested to do. Then actually take some picture of the new improved habitat and pictures of your tortoise and share them on here with us. Then of course we will be able to forgive you for your lack of info. :p:D. Because we like to see pics. :D. Please:)

emystiong

10 Year Member!
Borneo
wilfred fred perry said:
Sherybaby, I don't think that comment help at all ... Ver, hmm but I live in Singapore , I don't think they selling this type of food too, btw the heating and lighting part , do u know how long I need to on it?

I put it at a fibre tank, the tanks that use to keep koi fish, but it's not so active, and it's always hibernating. I don't know why, but I wish to help her ):

Yes most are available in Singapore ( those green item mention by vishnu2 ) all you need to know is local name and the right place to source , plant nursery or the wet market !!

Cheers

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Wilfred:

I was thinking that maybe you didn't know that tortoises can't digest their food if they're not warm enough. So if they're not warm enough, they don't eat. So its very important for you to buy a thermometer, lay it on the floor of the habitat, and see how warm it is in there. Your body temperature is 98.6F degrees. That's almost 100F degrees. So you can't just go by the feel of your hand in the habitat. You need to really know the temperature. If your house is 78F degrees, then with no light on, your tortoise is only 78F degrees, because he needs the sun or a light to warm up his body to almost 100 degrees.

I think once you warm up the habitat, and offer more leafy green type foods, your tortoise will start to eat.

Please keep us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.