My Sulcata setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

janiedough said:
maggie3fan said:
Well...I'm waiting for him to put his shifter where his mouth is...but it looks like we scared him away with my supreme automobile. Yes, this is what I drove to yvonne's. This is the only car I've owned since 1989...
Just in case you're wondering it's a 1989 IROC-Z and it had 200 thousand original Maggie miles on it when I dropped a new 350 and new transmission in it last winter. In 1989 it was stolen off the lot and t-boned a telephone pole 1/2 mile from the dealer. So it was repaired and I bought it as a 'used' car with less than 50 miles on it!
I'll race anybody anytime anywhere...just be waving that pink slip out the window...cuz that's me flyin past you...and my Flomasters you're hearing...

Vader is a student in Lexington Kentucky and he's just ordered his 4.10 gears so he probably doesn't have them yet. He should have saved his money and just gone with GM...

are you trying to bully this new person?

we really need to be there to help and guide people. if they are a little less knowledgeable about this stuff than us we especially need to be a little patient and extra helpful so that their tortoise can benefit

this is a forum to help people is it not?

and i really don't see what a car has to do with any of this.

He has a hot rod car as his avitar, my jiveing about my car is teasing... it's fun... there's no bullying at all. I am being friendly to this guy and showing him MY hot rod. What is wrong with you? Are we not supposed to like each other and be friends?
This forum is all about being friendly with each other while we learn and help with husbandry tips on raising chelonia. IF you would have read the whole thread my first post to him was suggestions on making his Sulcata set up better. Relax!!!!! What is wrong with you???

This is addressed to everyone who has read this thread...

Car people are just like tortoise people. They have common interests, and my post to this Grand Am guy is just a teasing kind of thing car people do. If he pulled up next to me at a light we would rev our engines and go for it.
I don't expect him to be offended by my teasing, I expect him to enjoy it and to ask about my car. I am sorry if anyone is offended by my being friendly to this guy. I have answered his one question about his Sulcata set up and I fully expect him to enjoy the fact that there are tortoise people here who happen to enjoy hot rods also. What is wrong with being friendly and showing off our cars? You complain if people fight and you complain if people are friendly. Get over yourselves! Relax for pete's sake and have some fun.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Maggie - i hope you have the obligatory mullet hair cut to go with that car!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm done, I'm out of here ...you complain about my being friendly but not one person said anything about him having a car as his avitar on a tortoise list.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
hold up, dont leave because of chads comment, he was just kidding about that, you can tell when you read it... but if you think people are complaining to much about your other post about your car and shifters and sticks and such then thats up to you...

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
maggie3fan said:
He has a hot rod car as his avitar, my jive assing about my car is teasing... it's fun... there's no bullying at all. I am being friendly to this guy and showing him MY hot rod. What is wrong with you? Are we not supposed to like each other and be friends?
This forum is all about being friendly with each other while we learn and help with husbandry tips on raising chelonia. IF you would have read the whole thread my first post to him was suggestions on making his Sulcata set up better. What is wrong with you???

This is addressed to everyone who has read this thread... You complain if people fight and you complain if people are friendly. Get over yourselves! Relax for pete's sake and have some fun.

I wasn't complaining! and you are personally attacking me!

That's why I ASKED if you were trying to bully him - you and meg were coming down kind of hard on him and I just wanted to make sure he came back for help so his baby doesn't end up dead!

I hate it when people buy pets and are misinformed and their pets suffer.

It was not anything personally against you, I just want to make sure this guy gets the info he needs and that he comes back.

Thanks for making it personal and attacking me.

M

Maggie Cummings

janiedough said:
maggie3fan said:
He has a hot rod car as his avitar, my jive assing about my car is teasing... it's fun... there's no bullying at all. I am being friendly to this guy and showing him MY hot rod. What is wrong with you? Are we not supposed to like each other and be friends?
This forum is all about being friendly with each other while we learn and help with husbandry tips on raising chelonia. IF you would have read the whole thread my first post to him was suggestions on making his Sulcata set up better. What is wrong with you???

This is addressed to everyone who has read this thread... You complain if people fight and you complain if people are friendly. Get over yourselves! Relax for pete's sake and have some fun.

I wasn't complaining! and you are personally attacking me!

That's why I ASKED if you were trying to bully him - you and meg were coming down kind of hard on him and I just wanted to make sure he came back for help so his baby doesn't end up dead!

I hate it when people buy pets and are misinformed and their pets suffer.

It was not anything personally against you, I just want to make sure this guy gets the info he needs and that he comes back.

Thanks for making it personal and attacking me.

If you had followed the complete thread I had answered his post twice and even posted a picture of Bob with one answer. I am not attacking you, you started it and now you're whining. I would not have teased him about the car stuff if his question had not already been answered. This used to be a very friendly group and off topic banter was acceptable after the original question had been answered. You got just what you wanted so stop complaining, I am not attacking you, just doing what you wanted. You are the one who made it personal, am I supposed to just pretend you are not complaining and calling ME a bully??? I have left, I just wanted to come back and apologize to those who deserved my apology.

VaderWS6

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Whoa! What happened when I was gone? lol Maggie: I wasn't offended by anything, especially not the car comment! :D Not sure where you got the student info or pre-4.10 gear installment info, but that was from 2005. Anyway, stock my car ran 12.9 @108mph in the 1/4 mile with the stock 3.42 gears back in 2003. I'm not sure what it will run with the 4.10's I installed, maybe 12.5?

I've read so much information on Sulcatas, some say to do this, some say to do that... I'm just trying to gather information from the most trusted sources I can (which I do before taking on any new pet). I really appreciate the information you guys are giving me, because I want to make sure my new tortoise is kept as healthy as possible.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Now that we have gotten off topic with this thread I think it's time to close it. If you want to talk cars, that would be great in the off topic section :D
If you need to ask new questions, please do :D

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.