My turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Garland, Texas
Just wanted to show off my two girls. Tina and Whitney.

I found Whitney when she was just a hatching. I was fishing with my Dad and he stepped on her. Poor thing seemed sick. She had puffy eyes and a deformed (or injured) underbelly. I took her home and nursed her back to health. She is now a big healthy lady. I originally assumed she was an eastern painted but I am now pretty sure that she is a red belly cooter.

DSCF3165.JPG DSCF3170.JPG DSCF3172.JPG

IMG_6626.jpg IMG_6630.JPG

And Tina is a yellow belly cooter that someone was giving away on craigslist. Unfortunately I made the mistake of housing them together initially when there was a huge size difference. Tina took a big chunk out of Whitney's shell as you can see above. Once they were the same size they got a long perfectly though. They both live in my 100 gallon and are constantly begging for food.

DSCF4482.JPG IMG_6625.jpg IMG_6622.JPG

~Danielle

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You sure did a good job of rehabbing Whitney. What does the plastron look like now? Did it fill in and look normal?

cooky_luvs

10 Year Member!
Garland, Texas
Thanks :) Love these girls. Thankfully Whitney's deformity or injury (i've never been sure which) on her plastron was able to grow out, it looked funny for the longest. I guess it must have been an injury then maybe? Here's how it looks now. She wouldn't let me take her out for a better pic but up close in person you can see where it used to be dented.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.