Narrowly avoided disaster gift lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camirdra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WA
My sister, knowing how I love my torts called me to let me know she was going to bring me "2 rescues" from TX. So I say "Awesome! Are they leopards?" And she says "No. They are the big ones like you have, you know, the Aldabr-someting-or-rather tortoises." :rolleyes: To which I reply "OMG DON'T BRING ME THOSE!! MY FAMILY WILL KILL ME!" lol! Glad I asked her BEFORE she brought them!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Can you Share your sister with me:D however, I wonder if they are really Aldabras. I can't imagine them being at a rescue.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Mandeville, Louisiana
Rescue aldabras???? from where??? I would certainly rescue them from Texas but I doubt it's possible Aldabras need to be rescued….Anyway I love all types of torts and I'm in Louisiana (right next door) so whatever they are, please feel free to PM me if she needs assistance with rehoming torts

Camirdra

5 Year Member
WA
HA! You can HAVE her!!! LOL!! :p

She said it was some person that had to get rid of them, I can get ahold of her and see if they still have them if you would like? She was going to pay they $160 for a "rehoming fee" and then drive them all they way to me in WA.

I'll try to call her in the AM. I just know if I brought a pair of those home i'd have to build a bigger winter shed... big enough for all my torts AND me!

Although now that I have spent time looking them up online, I wish I knew someone with babies I could hold... They are stinkin CUTE!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am going to bet they are sulcata. Anybody want to bet with me? :D

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Aren't aldabras around $2000? I find it hard to wrap my head around someone who would pay that much for a tortoise and then need it to be rescued. I would think before "shelling" out that kind of money they'd have a long-term plan for them...

Or at least sell them to get their money back. That's a huge difference between something like a rescue sulcata that someone only paid $50-$100 for as a hatchling.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Jacqui said:
I am going to bet they are sulcata. Anybody want to bet with me? :D

I don't know, I live in Missouri, and last fall I saw an Aldabra that needed to be rehomed. I thought about getting it until I saw how big they got. LOL I might have a large backyard, but one would probably need the whole thing to have some room to move around.

Tortus said:
Aren't aldabras around $2000? I find it hard to wrap my head around someone who would pay that much for a tortoise and then need it to be rescued. I would think before "shelling" out that kind of money they'd have a long-term plan for them...

Or at least sell them to get their money back. That's a huge difference between something like a rescue sulcata that someone only paid $50-$100 for as a hatchling.

First of all, nice pun! :D Secondly, I have seen aldabras a lot less than 2k.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That was my thought also. Probably sulcatas. There may be some needing to be rehomed, that's possible, but for only $160.00, probably not. I hope we get to find out what they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.