Need a womans advice ( again) others feel free to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have to chime in here on the quilt type. I am a quilter and here is my take on tie quilts. There are "tied" quilts, meaning they are tied with floss instead of actually "quilted." Then there are some beautiful neck tie quilts made by opening up old neck ties, cutting them into pieces/strips and piecing them together much like a crazy quilt. Crazy quilts are always made of silks, satins, and all sorts of gorgeous fabrics and then usually embroidered with intricate designs. The pictures above of the fleece blankets are not quilts as they are not "quilted." The one with squares is a frayed-edge quilt, but not tied nor made with neck ties. Just my little bit of information. David you will have to describe what kind of quilts you make, as we are dying to know......:cool:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hello Captain.....:D:D. We are all dangling here like fish snared on a line....how about checking in with is on your thread......HELLO :D:D:D

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
My vote is to ask her out.... That said, don't ask her to coffee or a bar date; I think that's kinda corny. I picture all those nerds that take their laptop to Starbucks and sit there for 4 hours, and I don't think that's appealing to most girls. Take her to do something fun; whatever it is. Sitting in front of a cup of coffee is just forcing a conversation that has a very high chance of being awkward after you just asked her out. In college, we used to collect wood pallets and stack them 10-12 high in the middle of the forest, stash a few half gallons of gasoline in there, then ask random, cute girls out and take them out there and have a bonfire. We'd throw a peach cobbler in the dutch oven and bring along ice cream. They were in love on the first date, I'm tellin you (I did this several times, and it never failed). It gives you something off subject to talk about and have fun with.

As far as the gift, my vote on that is to not give her one; at least not prior to asking her out. If you still decide to, give it to her very late (like day before Christmas or the day of) so that she doesn't have time or feel obligated to give one back. If you give it a week out, she's going to scramble to give something back, and she shouldn't have to.

At the end of the day, don't get too attached or think about it too much. If she's unavailable for whatever reason, you don't want to have so much time and effort spent.... I realize some will disagree with this, but I think it's much easier to meet a chick a few times, ask her out straight up, and if it fails, nothing really lost and you look for another girl. Daydreaming about someone for months just lets other opportunities pass and makes a potential denial that much more difficult.

There's this cute 20-something blonde working at the pizza place we go to once a week down the street. I've been trying to ask her out, but my problem is usually my wife and screaming kids are with me.
;)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
TylerStewart said:
My vote is to ask her out.... That said, don't ask her to coffee or a bar date; I think that's kinda corny. I picture all those nerds that take their laptop to Starbucks and sit there for 4 hours, and I don't think that's appealing to most girls. Take her to do something fun; whatever it is. Sitting in front of a cup of coffee is just forcing a conversation that has a very high chance of being awkward after you just asked her out. In college, we used to collect wood pallets and stack them 10-12 high in the middle of the forest, stash a few half gallons of gasoline in there, then ask random, cute girls out and take them out there and have a bonfire. We'd throw a peach cobbler in the dutch oven and bring along ice cream. They were in love on the first date, I'm tellin you (I did this several times, and it never failed). It gives you something off subject to talk about and have fun with.

As far as the gift, my vote on that is to not give her one; at least not prior to asking her out. If you still decide to, give it to her very late (like day before Christmas or the day of) so that she doesn't have time or feel obligated to give one back. If you give it a week out, she's going to scramble to give something back, and she shouldn't have to.

At the end of the day, don't get too attached or think about it too much. If she's unavailable for whatever reason, you don't want to have so much time and effort spent.... I realize some will disagree with this, but I think it's much easier to meet a chick a few times, ask her out straight up, and if it fails, nothing really lost and you look for another girl. Daydreaming about someone for months just lets other opportunities pass and makes a potential denial that much more difficult.

There's this cute 20-something blonde working at the pizza place we go to once a week down the street. I've been trying to ask her out, but my problem is usually my wife and screaming kids are with me.
;)

PEACH COBBLER AND ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even I wouldnt be able to resist that. Ive been kinda wondering what happend myself.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Speaking as a shy person, I know it takes a lot of guts to put things out on a forum like this, even if people are helpful and its a friendly atmosphere. So, please be patient with his response time.

Good luck.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
Speaking as a woman.... Prefer Like men who speaks their mind, be direct and don't waste time. Life is short, ask her out for dinner and give her the 'thing' (forgot the name) 3 months later

If you act now, someone might get there before you. Good luck!

Sorry I mean if you don't act now

Status
Not open for further replies.