Need help figuring out how to Transport Suclcata Cross Country

sarahduvon

Hi I am moving across country form CA to SC and I am hitting some roadblocks with how to get my 120 plus pound tortoise there. I am thinking a pet transport cargo flight would be the least time and least traumatizing to him. Only I am having trouble finding who will do the flight.....has anyone done this before and could help me where to go? Also how much did it cost you to do? One company was quoting an outrageous price from door to door over the phone. And then said they had never done a Tortoise and would have to think about it and get back to me. Any help much appreciated!
Thanks
Sarah

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
If you have a truck put him in a wooden box with vent holes in it . When you stop to pee or eat let him out to walk around and clean his box . Then get back on the road . Why pay someone when you can do it yourself for free .

turtlemanfla88

I do not know how much room you have,but you could use one of those dog crates. I would be careful about shipping make sure the shipping company has shipped animals before. I haved had animals shipped to me through delta-dash any everything was fine ,but the tortoises only came from Miami to Tampa.