New addition: Pyramiding and possible MBD? Pics & questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Exactly. The scute material is thin, and directly under that is bone that does have feeling and will bleed.

It would be like filing your nails, right through the nail and down into the bone. Would that hurt? You bet.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I didn't see it previously in the thread but are you using a Mercury Vapor Bulb...this can really help slow down (or even reverse) the MBD. Trust me...I have no affiliation with Zoo Med, but the Powersun is the BEST light source out there (save for the sun itself). He has come a long way and I think he's gonna do just fine.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
DeanS said:
I didn't see it previously in the thread but are you using a Mercury Vapor Bulb...this can really help slow down (or even reverse) the MBD. Trust me...I have no affiliation with Zoo Med, but the Powersun is the BEST light source out there (save for the sun itself). He has come a long way and I think he's gonna do just fine.

Up until recently he has been able to go outside everyday for natural sunlight, but when it does start cooling down and raining on more of a constant basis, I will need to get him a special light for when he is indoors. Thanks for the recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.