New African Sulcata 2 years old

MandyV

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
I have the liner and subtrate in. The lights just came in today with everything else Iā€™m kind of stumped as to how to do these lights and thermostats and everything

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I have the liner and subtrate in. The lights just came in today with everything else Iā€™m kind of stumped as to how to do these lights and thermostats and everything
Yay awesome! No fret, weā€™ll all advise each step here, first and foremost did you get just the one ceramic bulb for now or multiple? Just so I can advise where to place your thermostat probe and how to set it upšŸ™‚

Was it the Arcadia uv you went for? I can help there too, but did you decide whether to make your own stands or to use the chains to hang? With the uv Iā€™d still get a piece of timber to mount it onto if you arenā€™t doing a stand, that way you can screw hooks into the back of the wood and hang it like that.. we wonā€™t worry too much about mounting uv just yet, as youā€™ll need to have your heating running until thereā€™s no smell anyway, so thatā€™ll give you time to decidešŸ‘

Apologises if you experience a few slight delays in my responses over the next few hours! Got my hands busy but Iā€™ll keep checking in to help, no rush either way though, weā€™ll get you set up in no timešŸ˜

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Yay awesome! No fret, weā€™ll all advise each step here, first and foremost did you get just the one ceramic bulb for now or multiple? Just so I can advise where to place your thermostat probe and how to set it upšŸ™‚

Was it the Arcadia uv you went for? I can help there too, but did you decide whether to make your own stands or to use the chains to hang? With the uv Iā€™d still get a piece of timber to mount it onto if you arenā€™t doing a stand, that way you can screw hooks into the back of the wood and hang it like that.. we wonā€™t worry too much about mounting uv just yet, as youā€™ll need to have your heating running until thereā€™s no smell anyway, so thatā€™ll give you time to decidešŸ‘

Apologises if you experience a few slight delays in my responses over the next few hours! Got my hands busy but Iā€™ll keep checking in to help, no rush either way though, weā€™ll get you set up in no timešŸ˜
These are the lights, I got 2 basking, the acadia T5, and I got the chain to hang. And the Che I have that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
These are the lights, I got 2 basking, the acadia T5, and I got the chain to hang. And the Che I have that.
Looking good! The uv, CHE and ambient looks fine, the only thing is the basking bulbs appear to be a intense ā€˜spot lampā€™ you want to go with a floodlight, if you type in Arcadia floodlight, youā€™ll see a bunch of different watts come up, Iā€™d probably go with 75, itā€™s the solar basking floodlight, and youā€™ll only need one basking bulbšŸ™‚ let me tag @Alex and the Redfoot to make sure Iā€™m right about the bulbs in the photošŸ‘

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Looking good! The uv, CHE and ambient looks fine, the only thing is the basking bulbs appear to be a intense ā€˜spot lampā€™ you want to go with a floodlight, if you type in Arcadia floodlight, youā€™ll see a bunch of different watts come up, Iā€™d probably go with 75, itā€™s the solar basking floodlight, and youā€™ll only need one basking bulbšŸ™‚ let me tag @Alex and the Redfoot to make sure Iā€™m right about the bulbs in the photošŸ‘
I canā€™t find the Arcadia one Iā€™ve looked everywhere

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Can I use this one for now or do I need to wait until I get another bulb?
You could probably technically use it to run the heat and off gas everything, but I would personally switch to a floodlight once the tortoise is in therešŸ™‚you may need to then adjust the bulb height slightly depending on your temp gun readingsšŸ˜Š

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ok think I have the right one on the way but Iā€™d like to get everything started if I can
No worries! Donā€™t suppose youā€™ve got a pic of the basking bulb youā€™ve ordered? I do apologise, I struggle translating the different brands/types of equipment from area to areašŸ˜£ admittedly @Alex and the Redfoot is so much better than me at itšŸ˜‚
But I can definitely help advise on getting you set up!šŸ˜Š

Do you have fittings for your led ambient lights? Cause Iā€™d save the domes for your che and floodlightšŸ™‚

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
To me this lamp looks like a flood type lamp. Please, check the packaging, if there is any mention of beam angle - you can post a photo. Some of LuckHerp lamps have a picture with temperatures/distance pyramid on the box.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
No worries! Donā€™t suppose youā€™ve got a pic of the basking bulb youā€™ve ordered? I do apologise, I struggle translating the different brands/types of equipment from area to areašŸ˜£ admittedly @Alex and the Redfoot is so much better than me at itšŸ˜‚
But I can definitely help advise on getting you set up!šŸ˜Š

Do you have fittings for your led ambient lights? Cause Iā€™d save the domes for your che and floodlightšŸ™‚
I

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Iā€™m pretty sure I was able to get the right one. I added the picture. I have these two fittings if thatā€™s what you mean

Attachments

• IMG_1190.png
    IMG_1190.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Iā€™m pretty sure I was able to get the right one. I added the picture. I have these two fittings if thatā€™s what you mean
Yep thatā€™s definitely the right one!
To me this lamp looks like a flood type lamp. Please, check the packaging, if there is any mention of beam angle - you can post a photo. Some of LuckHerp lamps have a picture with temperatures/distance pyramid on the box.
Though going off what Alex said, thereā€™s the potential the bulbs in photo were ok, always best to hang tight on his confirmation, but at least youā€™ll have plenty of replacements at the ready! LolšŸ˜‚ either way go with the Arcadia for now because itā€™ll definitely work wellšŸ˜

And yes those fittings are perfect for your che and basking light, I just mean youā€™ll need and extra one(or two depending how many led bulbs youā€™re wanting) and it wonā€™t need to a be a fancy dome fitting or anything, a standard led fitting should do the trick, @Alex and the Redfoot it wonā€™t need to be a ceramic fitting for the led will it? A plastic one will do?