New African Sulcata 2 years old

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
so by fitting you are referring to the dome is that correct? I need to buy another dome?
The fittings are what your bulbs are screwing into, the two you have will be great for your floodlight and che, you won’t need a fancy dome fitting for an led though, I’ve tagged Alex to see if you’ll be better getting a ceramic fitting or if a standard plastic fitting will do, hopefully he’ll attach an example for you🙂

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Yep that’s definitely the right one!

Though going off what Alex said, there’s the potential the bulbs in photo were ok, always best to hang tight on his confirmation, but at least you’ll have plenty of replacements at the ready! Lol😂 either way go with the Arcadia for now because it’ll definitely work well😁

And yes those fittings are perfect for your che and basking light, I just mean you’ll need and extra one(or two depending how many led bulbs you’re wanting) and it won’t need to a be a fancy dome fitting or anything, a standard led fitting should do the trick, @Alex and the Redfoot it won’t need to be a ceramic fitting for the led will it? A plastic one will do?
Yes, no need to use ceramic sockets for the LED bulbs.

@MandyV those two domes you already have, will be occupied by ceramic heater and basking bulbs. You will something to put your ambient LED bulbs in. While it can be a plain lamp socket, it's better to have a lampshade/dome/whatever to direct the light below (it would be more comfortable for your eyes as well) - no need to get anything fancy, cheap lampshades from IKEA (or similar) will do the job.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
While I have to wait a week obviously I can’t remove the lights she currently has on her now so how can I let it de gas without removing her stuff

MandyV

Houston, Texas
should I get a light on in there now? Can I just use the spot light so the process starts. Sorry I just want to get her in there

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
should I get a light on in there now? Can I just use the spot light so the process starts. Sorry I just want to get her in there
The absolute minimum you need is a basking lamp and ambient heat. Try to lift basking lamp as high as you can while keeping basking area temperature in 90-95F.

If you want to "heat up" the enclosure to air out fumes and such - spot or flood bulb doesn't matter.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
While I have to wait a week obviously I can’t remove the lights she currently has on her now so how can I let it de gas without removing her stuff
Good point! we had this issue with ours when upgrading and brought extra fittings😂

But tbh I don’t think you’ll need to, I’d get a ceramic fitting(ceramic because the floodlight will be hot) to run the heat to get your process stated, then you can just use that spare ceramic fitting for your led, just a thought🙂 as it’s temporary though to start heating the enclosure, it might be ok to be a plastic fitting👍 flood or spot won’t matter as long as it heating through to off gas things😊

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hopefully both me and Alex are making sense for you, I can only apologise if we’re sounding a bit confusing at times! There’s multiple correct ways to approach this so we’ve been throwing a few different options at you, but if anything isn’t quite making sense, please say and we’ll try to break it down better! You’re doing great Mandy!❤️

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Ok at the risk of sounding like a complete fool I have to ask. In earlier threads @Littleredfootbigredheart you explained ambient light as a no heat light. So now the message @Alex and the Redfoot mentions ambient heat. I am just staying in a constant state of confusion. I have all this stuff I’ve bought everything recommended now I just have to figure out what to keep on her for now and what to put in the new enclosure to start the off gas. I’m more and more concerned her current conditions need changed as soon as possible