New Clutch Hypo RF Siblings'

Onidara

Jeff wow the second hypo the colors on the head look awesome, the way the colors are there likes it look like war paint or something!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jeff wow the second hypo the colors on the head look awesome, the way the colors are there likes it look like war paint or something!
Yes it does ......;)
I have another one hatch out , from a different clutch your going to dig too! ...:rolleyes:

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Those are very pretty JD, really pretty. Are they Venezuelan X Suriname? Or unknown X Suriname?

Onidara

Jeff I showed Sarah number 2 and she said that's one of the best she has seen yet

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Carl it is from the same 2 parents who produce 50% (at current) of the hypos at the Cove'. The others come from the same father different mother.
Male

Female

The other adult female has even a lighter head .....

Thus far we have seen three distinct color phases found in a multi clutches from the same two Hypo Females x Our Hypo Male.
The phases are white/orange, lavender / purple and golden spotted . Most likely a result in a combination of T+ albino and Hypermelanistic and or
Anerythristic / Axanthic gene coding. Every new hatchling is a surprise in itself.
Deffinitly ONE- OF - A KIND- REDFOOTS

Last edited:

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Yep, I would agree that there is more going on than a simple hypomelanistic mutation. Those lavender hued neonates are clearly not the same as these more recent hypos.
Strange but interesting.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yep, I would agree that there is more going on than a simple hypomelanistic mutation. Those lavender hued neonates are clearly not the same as these more recent hypos.
Strange but interesting.
Getting ready to post another "strange one" ...;) For myself I think they are very neat to say the least and unlike any project I have yet to be seen in the tortoise/redfoot hobby.