New dog

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Flipping around on Facebook Friday night, I saw a picture of a Yorkie at my local animal control (a kill shelter funded by the city). I couldn't believe he was still there being his adoptive date was 4/30 and it was 5/2.

My boyfriends first response was get him. So, Saturday I saw he was still available and rushed down there. As soon as I got there, I found out why he was still there. The poor dude was placed in the runs where all the big dogs are placed bc the small dog room was full. He was terrified. He snapped, shook and just didn't want to help himself.

Well, I adopted him.

After acting a fool at the vet, he bit and had to be muzzled. He even bit through the muzzle. My vet found a microchip, but the number was disconnected. I brought him home and found the apartments that were he was registered to, but they haven't called back after supposedly researching for me.

After bringing him home, he was a whole new dog. He is still a little irritable when it comes to being picked up, but accepts petting now. We decided to keep his original name bc nothing really fit him- Chewy.

He's a little thin, but no worms and no heartworms. He chases my pit bulls (and they're scared of him) but seems to be fine with my other Yorkie and cats, although my male cat isn't thrilled.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399236987.258238.jpg

My pitties hiding with their dad on the other couch.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399237011.744413.jpg

It's weird having two dogs that look so much alike. My 14-year Yorkie is the smaller one walking around the bed.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399237196.355852.jpg

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399237507.648479.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
OMG, Whitney...they look so much alike in that last picture. If your guy were to take off his hat and fluff up his hair - twins!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL. Poor little fella. I'd be pretty nasty too, being thrown in with a bunch of large dogs to listen too. Glad your giving him a good home and soon I'm sure he will settle right in.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Yvonne. That's hilarious. I could see it lol.

Wellington, he's doing surprisingly well with the big dogs. They're pansies anyway and already have to listen to a 14-year old Yorkie and an a crazy cat. It won't take no time and I bet he will be running with them in the yard instead of barking at them.

M

Maggie Cummings

That picture of your boyfriend at the computer with the dog is priceless...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Good save! He is such a nice looking fella.... well both the dog and the guy. :rolleyes: Nice "family" you have there.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Awesome! It is so nice to see an "I got a new dog" thread and it's not a dog bought from a breeder or petstore. Thank you for rescuing!!!! So awesome.

sunshyne621

5 Year Member
Love the yorkies!!! My little girl of fifteen just passed away in Feb. It is amazing how quiet it is without her, and I have three other dogs!!