New enclosure for redfoot, best substrate?

Jschmid33

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsn
im sure this topic has been gone over 1000 times but I am building a closed chamber enclosure for my yearling redfoot. What is the best substrate? I am leaning towards coco coir but I have heard it’s extremly messy and sticks to the tortoise. I really enjoy her colors and would be upsetting to have her look like she is in a mud bath constantly. Other options I have heard is orchid bark, top soil or cypress mulch. I want something that looks natural, won’t be a messy disaster if possible and will be able to keep up with the high humidity I am aiming for to keep her happy and healthy. Thank you in advanced.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GSHK6EI/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Anybody have any luck or experience with this brand? Trying to find decently priced natural coco coir or orchid bark. Need a large amount
If it is the same one I am using then it looks like the below picture. The smaller blocks are finer and the big block has more fibres in it. I have just used the big block for my enclosure about three days ago. If you put it in and pack it down it does not make too much mess. 1516439742406.jpg

Jschmid33

Wisconsn
If it is the same one I am using then it looks like the below picture. The smaller blocks are finer and the big block has more fibres in it. I have just used the big block for my enclosure about three days ago. If you put it in and pack it down it does not make too much mess. View attachment 228215
That looks great! Nice and natural looking. How big is your enclosure? Trying to figure out how much I need to buy for this enclosure I’m building