New from California

Janine Murphy

I have been reading Tom's posts. I'm learning lots and making a few changes based on his advice. Thanks everyone So far I really like this forum.

Janine Murphy

Hi and welcome! I have three sulcatas: one is 4 years old and was a rescue from AZ, the other two will be three years old in late October.
I suggest you check out all of Tom's threads on Sulcata care. He is one of the most experienced members here on the issue. Bit first, just let me say that your baby is beautiful. When she/he grazes outside, make sure you never take your eyes off him not even foe a second because they can run pretty quickly and you can lose them. Also, unless you have a secure outside enclosure, predator -proof, you shouldn't leave your baby not for a second. Big birds, dogs, cats, raccoons, possums, fire ants, etc can really hurt or kill your baby. So be cautious at all times. Also, babies need to be soaked everyday in warm water for 10-15 minutes. Sometimes, it may be necessary to soak her twice depending on the conditions. They need high humidity and temps no lower then 80 degrees, warmer in the basking spot. But, Tom's care sheets go all into that. So, read, read, and read on.

I've been watching him like a hawk. He's just SO little! My husband even set up a web cam on him when he's inside so he can monitor him while we're at work. Just in case he flips over. He's been using it to watch the temp also.