New Homeana hingebacks

Zoey1969

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Are you sure thats them all. Lol. Wow you must be busy feeding the five thousand every day. Love to see some photos when you get the chance. Think you will love it on this forum. All very nice people and some top end experts with advice. I have a feeling you will get many questions with the vast veriaty you have. Very interesting. I have 4 homeana eggs on the go now. See what happens. Can you remember exactly what you did to hatch out your homeana. Welcome again.

It was a long time ago, but I used moist vermiculite, about 80% humidity and 30 degrees C , I believe. In my note book I wrote that it had been in the incubator for 134 days.

I'll add my collage photo....Gabby Aug2000.png

Zoey1969

UK
Sorry been busy with lots of Hermann's hatchlings!!
Gabby is at the back and Mr Nelson I bought last year, they just moved in together!

Attachments

• 1441379292518.jpg
    1441379292518.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 21

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Sorry been busy with lots of Hermann's hatchlings!!
Gabby is at the back and Mr Nelson I bought last year, they just moved in together!
Sounds like you need to post in the Hermanns section too, and by the sounds of what you have, every other section too. lol
How many hatchlings have you got?

Zoey1969

UK
17 and waiting for 7 more!!!
I feed my Hingebacks a lot of earthworms, most days they get some fruit, they have plants which they eat and once every other week they get some soaked cat food pellets or tortoise mazuri pellets.
I just wish they'd dig up their own damn worms, save me doing it lol!!!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm so glad to finally find some UK homeana and erosa keepers! :) Such great species!
Mmm. Let's see if I still have the telepathic skill. I'm feeling a vibe you gained another tort today. Yes yes its coming to me now. It's a juvenile. Err, hold on, yep a hingeback. Its a homeana hingeback. Cb14.
Wow didn't think I still had that skill. :D

Come on. Where's the photos?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Sorry didn't want to take many last night coz of the flash!View attachment 149453View attachment 149452View attachment 149451
Gorgeous I'm suprised at how much they sell for over here. Years ago you could pick them up for £50. Now they are few and far between. Good buy. By the time we got there all the homeana had gone. An hour after happening. You were talking to my missis last night, Dawn. Small world.
Did you see the price of the radiated. £720.:eek:

Zoey1969

UK
They sell for whatever idiots like me will pay I guess!! my first two in 1999 were £50 each. Christoph who I git my pancakes from had listed an adult female Home's, but already sold when I replied :-(. At Doncaster I think it was Essex reptiles that had the hinges, they'd sold four and the guy that bought the others didn't want this one. It's shell has some slight damage and it's cloaca was slightly swollen, but seems better already in the humidity. Was dry in its tub.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
They sell for whatever idiots like me will pay I guess!! my first two in 1999 were £50 each. Christoph who I git my pancakes from had listed an adult female Home's, but already sold when I replied :-(. At Doncaster I think it was Essex reptiles that had the hinges, they'd sold four and the guy that bought the others didn't want this one. It's shell has some slight damage and it's cloaca was slightly swollen, but seems better already in the humidity. Was dry in its tub.
I wouldn't say that was a daft buy. I've seen em at £180 as juveniles. £50 days have gone. I know a guy who used to get them in the bucket load years ago( wc obviously). He can't get them now.

Zoey1969

UK
I spent 15 years looking for a mate for Gabby, so I couldn't say no really!! Shame he's on his own for a while, but still hoping Gabby will lay now she's met a male!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I spent 15 years looking for a mate for Gabby, so I couldn't say no really!! Shame he's on his own for a while, but still hoping Gabby will lay now she's met a male!
What size is he. Loves them worms.