Status
Not open for further replies.

spannerpuss

5 Year Member
Hello fellow tortoise keepers! I'm new to the forum so here I am introducing myself and my tortoise!

I'm from the south of England and until recently I had two mediterranean spur-thigh tortoises but now I only have one as they were fighting :-(

The one I have is nearly 4 years old and I've had him since I bred his parents at my old job. I saw him hatch! His name is Archimedes (Archie). He came out of the egg in a pyramid shape and has unfortunately suffered some shell deformity. It's odd but he's deformed and the other one I had didn't! They have always lived together so had the same lighting, food and calcium supplements yet one grew wrong and the other didn't!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi spannerpuss:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
... and just curious, what was your old job?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
spannerpuss said:
Jacqui said:
... and just curious, what was your old job?

I used to teach practical animal care at a college

They had breeding tortoises there? Sounds like that would have been a fun job.

spannerpuss

5 Year Member
Yeah, but I didn't agree 100% with how they were kept, hermans and spur thighs were together in one enclosure and it is not certain who the parents to my two were!

One has a deformed shell but the other doesn't and they have been kept in the same enclosure and so had the same lighting and diet!

I'll take a pic of the one I have now (I had to rehome the other one due to fighting) - I kept the deformed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.