New red foot need help with enclosure

HLG

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Oh i definitely need to move them down then. She is small. Do you have a specific one that you would recommend?

HLG

Wisconsin
I definitely need to move them down she is small. Do you have ones that you would recommend?

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Oh i definitely need to move them down then. She is small. Do you have a specific one that you would recommend?
After going through several cheap digital ones. I got some of these and the gateway so I can monitor the humidity and temperature from anywhere. Here's a sample view of what I got.Screenshot_20240105_182207_SensorPush.jpg

SensorPush HT.w Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer Water-Resistant for iPhone/Android. USA Made Indoor/Outdoor Humidity/Temperature/Dewpoint/VPD Monitor/Logger. Smart Sensor with Alerts https://a.co/d/5wTqrtH

Reactions: HLG

HLG

Wisconsin
After going through several cheap digital ones. I got some of these and the gateway so I can monitor the humidity and temperature from anywhere. Here's a sample view of what I got.View attachment 364910

SensorPush HT.w Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer Water-Resistant for iPhone/Android. USA Made Indoor/Outdoor Humidity/Temperature/Dewpoint/VPD Monitor/Logger. Smart Sensor with Alerts https://a.co/d/

After going through several cheap digital ones. I got some of these and the gateway so I can monitor the humidity and temperature from anywhere. Here's a sample view of what I got.View attachment 364910

SensorPush HT.w Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer Water-Resistant for iPhone/Android. USA Made Indoor/Outdoor Humidity/Temperature/Dewpoint/VPD Monitor/Logger. Smart Sensor with Alerts https://a.co/d/5wTqrtH
I’ve put her in a mini green house and I figured out the CHE to get her tank at 82-84. But her humidity is still saying 40-50%. I used the Repti bark substrate and baked it then watered the bottom layer. Today I put a cup of water in the corners and still the same. I’m working on getting her uvb light up and also changing the gauges to different ones since they might not be accurate. What am I missing? Why can’t I get the humidity up?

Attachments

• IMG_5004.jpeg
    IMG_5004.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5005.jpeg
    IMG_5005.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

HLG

Wisconsin
It was a minigreen house kit...I just fit it over a tort table...and as far as lights go...I was taught that RF live on the forest floor, they do not need UVB light...my RF has a che and a black light bulb for heat, I don't have any light in there. He is right across from the window so he has light, just not uvb. My animals spend all spring, summer and fall outside...He will be close enuf to go swimmig in the pond and he has his own enclosure where is can be outside yet he is safe from predators...
What type of thermometers do you use. I just have the small round ones but was told those aren’t very accurate

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I’ve put her in a mini green house and I figured out the CHE to get her tank at 82-84. But her humidity is still saying 40-50%. I used the Repti bark substrate and baked it then watered the bottom layer. Today I put a cup of water in the corners and still the same. I’m working on getting her uvb light up and also changing the gauges to different ones since they might not be accurate. What am I missing? Why can’t I get the humidity up?
What is the inside temperature of the mini green house? You have to account for the larger area. The tank may be getting to temp but the humidity will not come up if the mini green house is not warm enough as well.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
This greenhouse has rather large volume and it needs some time to saturate th air with water vapour. You can "boost" the process by placing a bucket of hot water in the greenhouse (not in the tank itself.
And since analog humidity gauges are especially inaccurate, you can not yet know for sure what humidity is. I see some condensate on the tank wall - this means that substrate gives out some water vapour.

You can get any digital thermometer-hygrometer from a hardware store to get accurate readings. The ones with probes are more convenient.

HLG

Wisconsin
This greenhouse has rather large volume and it needs some time to saturate th air with water vapour. You can "boost" the process by placing a bucket of hot water in the greenhouse (not in the tank itself.
And since analog humidity gauges are especially inaccurate, you can not yet know for sure what humidity is. I see some condensate on the tank wall - this means that substrate gives out some water vapour.

You can get any digital thermometer-hygrometer from a hardware store to get accurate readings. The ones with probes are more convenient.

I will do the bucket of water to help speed up the process. Yes there is some condensation in the tank I’m just worried it’s going to hurt her not having enough. I will definitely grab a thermometer from the hardware store. That was one thing hung I was checking on as well was the different ones

HLG

Wisconsin
What is the inside temperature of the mini green house? You have to account for the larger area. The tank may be getting to temp but the humidity will not come up if the mini green house is not warm enough as well.
I didn’t think of the larger space on the outside. When I open it I can definitely feel warmth right away but I’m not sure what the actual temperature is. I’m purchasing a new thermometer

HLG

Wisconsin

Thank you

HLG

Wisconsin
Is the humidity coming up now?
Not really, so I put a cool mist humidifier in the green house which bumps it up really quickly but it won’t stay. I ordered a new thermometer and I’m just waiting on that so I can get accurate temp and humidity in her tank. When the humidity does go up she does come out and eat or hang out inside of being in her hide

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Not really, so I put a cool mist humidifier in the green house which bumps it up really quickly but it won’t stay. I ordered a new thermometer and I’m just waiting on that so I can get accurate temp and humidity in her tank. When the humidity does go up she does come out and eat or hang out inside of being in her hide
Keep us updated when you get the new temp gauge. Also did you order a temp gun? That will give you good spot check temps. The substrate is not swimming in water on the bottom of the enclosure is it? That will work against you if it is. I found that out the hard way myself.

HLG

Wisconsin
Keep us updated when you get the new temp gauge. Also did you order a temp gun? That will give you good spot check temps. The substrate is not swimming in water on the bottom of the enclosure is it? That will work against you if it is. I found that out the hard way myself.

I didn’t get a temp gun. The UV meter just came in so I’m able to get that up for her. I’ll have to check the bottom of the enclosure. I know under her water dish it is wet but I’ll check other areas as well

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I didn’t get a temp gun. The UV meter just came in so I’m able to get that up for her. I’ll have to check the bottom of the enclosure. I know under her water dish it is wet but I’ll check other areas as well
You'll want to dry that up. The bark should just be wet but not running water off of it.

HLG

Wisconsin
You'll want to dry that up. The bark should just be wet but not running water off of it.
Got it! I did check the other are
i did check the other places and there isn’t any pools of water. I got her uvb light up and she is already moving around more. Just waiting on the new thermometer.

HLG

Wisconsin

i did check the other places and there isn’t any pools of water. I got her uvb light up and she is already moving around more. Just waiting on the new thermometer.

I got the new thermometer so I’m adjusting lamps and such. Still working on how to keep the humidity up. It should be between 80-90% correct? Also I’ve noticed yesterday and today she hasn’t ate at all. When I put the new thermometer in it was reading that her tank temp was cold about 77. Hoping that is why she hasn’t ate the last two days

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I got the new thermometer so I’m adjusting lamps and such. Still working on how to keep the humidity up. It should be between 80-90% correct? Also I’ve noticed yesterday and today she hasn’t ate at all. When I put the new thermometer in it was reading that her tank temp was cold about 77. Hoping that is why she hasn’t ate the last two days
she should start eating more if you get the temperature up. Just keep a close eye on her that she's not getting sick just in case. 80% or a little above for humidity is good. You need to get that temperature up 84° is ideal. You might have to put a Oil filled radiator heater in the greenhouse part to help heat it up to help with humidity. I fought with temperature and humidity when I started too, I just gave in and got the closed chamber enclosure.

HLG

Wisconsin
she should start eating more if you get the temperature up. Just keep a close eye on her that she's not getting sick just in case. 80% or a little above for humidity is good. You need to get that temperature up 84° is ideal. You might have to put an Oil filled radiator heater in the greenhouse part to help heat it up to help with humidity. I fought with temperature and humidity when I started too, I just gave in and got the closed chamber enclosure.
After I soaked her I put her in front of her food and she did eat some strawberry. I feel like I’m super close to getting it figured out. When I got her the person before me didn’t have the right set up so it has been a bit of a struggle. I’m just hoping to keep her in this till she needs a bigger enclosure then I’ll do the closed. I do have a thermostat coming for the CHE so that will help and a temp gun to figure out spots in the tank

HLG

Wisconsin
After I soaked her I put her in front of her food and she did eat some strawberry. I feel like I’m super close to getting it figured out. When I got her the person before me didn’t have the right set up so it has been a bit of a struggle. I’m just hoping to keep her in this till she needs a bigger enclosure then I’ll do the closed. I do have a thermostat coming for the CHE so that will help and a temp gun to figure out spots in the tank
After I soaked her I put her in front of her food and she did eat some strawberry. I feel like I’m super close to getting it figured out. When I got her the person before me didn’t have the right set up so it has been a bit of a struggle. I’m just hoping to keep her in this till she needs a bigger enclosure then I’ll do the closed. I do have a thermostat coming for the CHE so that will help and a temp gun to figure out spots in the

I’ve been searching for an LED light for ambient light and I already have the bulb fixture so I was looking for a bulb instead of a strip and was wondering if this is correct. It is 5000k but it says daylight and wanted to make sure it’s not too bright

Attachments

• IMG_5028.png
    IMG_5028.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 3