New Redfoot Enclosure

jdfick

Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville FL
I've been lurking on here for a while now but thought I'd post a little video of my new Redfoot enclosure. I've learned so much from the ideas of others on here that I thought maybe someone would find something useful in what I've done for my two adult Redfoots Lumber and Lucy. If any of you more experienced keepers see anything that needs to be fixed or might be made better please don't hesitate to comment. Thanks, Joel

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Very nice

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've seen a LOT of Redfoot enclosures and yours is FANTASTIC.
Plenty of room.
Plenty of shade and a large enough sleeping area that they should both have enough room in.
Very well done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! Those tortoises are an excellent example of what a RF should look like! Very nice enclosure too.

LucyJM

Reading, UK
That is amazing. Typical that they have all that space but go and sit together in a corner - my Russians do exactly the same

jdfick

Gainesville FL
Thanks to all. Quick question. For a heater in the hide box would you all recommend a radiant style heater or a ceramic style heater. I think the ceramic heaters might be a little more expensive to run but may do a better job of maintaining the temp on cold nights. I do wonder if the heated forced air from a ceramic heater would negatively bring down the humidity.

DesertGirl

5 Year Member
Fabulous Las Vegas, NV
I've been lurking on here for a while now but thought I'd post a little video of my new Redfoot enclosure. I've learned so much from the ideas of others on here that I thought maybe someone would find something useful in what I've done for my two adult Redfoots Lumber and Lucy. If any of you more experienced keepers see anything that needs to be fixed or might be made better please don't hesitate to comment. Thanks, Joel

Outstanding! Very nice job.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Beautiful Enclosure as well as Tortoises. Love it.