new Russian tortoise

Isab1127

Location (City and/or State)
bear de
i just purchased a Russian tortoise 2 days ago since getting him he has not eaten nor moved much when I came home from work after 7 hours he had not moved from the spot he was when I left, his poop is very strange and like a yellow mucus looking consistency, I am just very worried about him I don't know what is wrong he has a basking area that's currently 95 degrees and a cool-down area that's around 80 if anyone has any inside on what is going on or has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
i just purchased a Russian tortoise 2 days ago since getting him he has not eaten nor moved much when I came home from work after 7 hours he had not moved from the spot he was when I left, his poop is very strange and like a yellow mucus looking consistency, I am just very worried about him I don't know what is wrong he has a basking area that's currently 95 degrees and a cool-down area that's around 80 if anyone has any inside on what is going on or has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.
Welcome to the Forum! Everything you need to know can be found in this care sheet. It’s a lot to take in, so please reach out and ask questions.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Welcome to the forum. Pictures & more info will help us help you. Generally, you should expect that your tort will need a few days before he feels safe enough & may not eat for a few days. Torts hate change.

How old is your tort & where did you get him? What are you feeding him? Are you soaking him? The care sheet in Mrs. Jennifer's post may help answer questions you are having. Post pictures & we can make suggestions to help give him an optimum home.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
As mentioned they hate change and getting used to new environment. Suggest you read care sheet and check heat light, water, fresh food is all OK and then you could contact the seller or just monitor. The poo you see you be what they were fed in previous location . Try a soak in a high sided bowl with shallow warm water this is a great way to hydrate them and also they will poo and move around. Hopefully you can get your tortoise back on track. They do like to sleep so expect approx 16.00 to around 07.00 being fast asleep. Share pics and ask questions many will help and advise.