Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The adrenaline from the car ride will often perk them up. This is pretty common. Just like taking your car to the shop and of course it won't make "that noise" while you are there with the mechanic.

Glad he's doing better. I hope we get a full recovery.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Laura Currado said:
Off Topic Slightly: What's the wattage on that MVB and how far do you have it from the tort's substrate? We too went to a reptile show for supplies over the weekend and brought home a Leopard tortoise hatchling we weren't planning on. We bought the CHE and a Zilla UVB Florescent but I realize I'll need something else. So I'm curious about your bulb/placement.

The mvb is 100watt and its sitting 10 inches above the substrate. The temp is usually 100-101 degrees while the 60watt CHE is at 84.5 degrees, same distance from the substrate.

Tom said:
The adrenaline from the car ride will often perk them up. This is pretty common. Just like taking your car to the shop and of course it won't make "that noise" while you are there with the mechanic.

Glad he's doing better. I hope we get a full recovery.

Hate when that happens!
And thanks. Not out of the woods just yet but so far so good. Haven't seen any poop yet though! Need more fiber I'm guessing. Any recommendations?

NolaGirl

5 Year Member
New Orleans
I hope that your little guy makes a speedy recovery. Have you tried Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise Food? Mazuri is great, too. They both contain adequate levels of fiber. I have a baby Sully, too. He/she won't eat hay at this age, so I mix the moistened pellets with the greens( dandelion, turnip, Kale) an few times a week.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
Thanks! He is doing better aside from not pooping (that i know of). I made a thread in the health section about him not pooping.
Do you order Mazuri online or have you found a local place that sells it? If so, do tell! I've asked around here locally cause I've been wanting to switch my aquatic turtles to it but haven't had any luck finding anyone that carries it.

filbertjonathan

5 Year Member
Hmmm as long as i have tortoise the most important things for their health are enough sunbathe (lucky me that i live in Indonesia, south east asia),soaking in warm water (help them to poop and pee), and give a right food... Your tortoise will have a big appetite if you can fulfill the first and the second point.
Could you please post the pic of your terrarium? I think we can give you some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.