New to the family

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440363692.891583.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440363732.524999.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1440363808.502485.jpg

Saved this beautiful 3 toed female today. Poor thing was owned by an older gentleman who passed away. A young girl took it and kept it in the 10 gallon tank in the picture with sand. Took her 3 weeks till she realized she didn't have time for it. Needless to say she was kept well by the older gentleman. No deformities, nice and heavy, small shell damage from a dog chew but overall I'm glad to have her:)

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
She's very lucky you came along! poor thing... living on sand!

I would also like to see some updated pictures of her new enclosure when you're set up

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Aw poor girl. It looks like the girl just threw random turtle chow in there on the sand.
And it looks like the sand was bothering her eyes :(
I'm really glad you have her now! I don't even see any damage from a dog.
Her shell is really pretty! I've seen three-toeds with patterned shells before but never that well defined. Usually it's a very faint pattern. Didn't know they could be that bold.

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
She's an adult. I would say in the 10-20 year range. Yeah her patterns and colors are great. The shell damage is light nothing concerning. She has a good personality to her, very outgoing. Must mean she's happy to be off the sand. She was saying,"your killing me smalls" .......for those who don't know that line it's from the movie the sandlot:)

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
She's an adult. I would say in the 10-20 year range. Yeah her patterns and colors are great. The shell damage is light nothing concerning. She has a good personality to her, very outgoing. Must mean she's happy to be off the sand. She was saying,"your killing me smalls" .......for those who don't know that line it's from the movie the sandlot:)
Aaahahaaa! I use that line all the time when my friends start messing with me!!
She definitely sounds happier.