New tortoise table

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
It's 4x8, I still have to cover it with pond liner. Bottom is 1/2 inch plywood, that sits on 4 strips of 2x2's. Sides are 2x12 spruce/fir.

DSC_4200.jpg

DSC_4201.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's looking good.

How high are the sides and what kind of tort do you have? They look a little low and Russians for example would have no problem escaping.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Ontario
these are 12 inches high, I'm going to keep adult hermanns in it.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Looks like a great start.....how many Herms are going to be in there....is it for night and cooler season for indoors?:D

Is it on wheels/casters? If no you may want to rinse pull it away from the walls enough to be able to scootch in and around it for when you clean or if you have an issue where you need to get to that side...:D

Apology...I am using my dumb smart phone and it will change or add words when it feels like it.....please totally disregard the word "rinse"....my phone was being a wiseguy....:p

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Nice, its gonna look great when its completed :cool:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't forget, once you add 4 or 5 inches of substrate, the sides won't be near that high...and he just may be able to scale them. One way to foil him is to put a lip on it.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Ontario
Finally finished my enclosure, still needs landscaping, but my hermanns have officially moved in to their new place.

DSC_4215.jpg

DSC_4217.jpg

DSC_4228.jpg

DSC_4235.jpg

DSC_4236.jpg

DSC_4237.jpg

DSC_4240.jpg

DSC_4241.jpg

DSC_4242.jpg

Akronic

5 Year Member
what mill thickness is that poly sheeting? at first i was going to use black visqueen but my Russians claws would rip right through the liner. looks nice and big, but man you better hope they dont really try to escape, all it would take is for one to climb on the back of the other and they are out on bail!

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Ontario
it's 25mm pond liner. I'd try 45mm next time. I wonder what 25mm stands for, because this sheet is very thin. Even 45mm is not thicker by much.

If they escape, they can't get anywhere, all my tortoises are in one room, closed doors.

cueboy007

5 Year Member
Ontario
matt581 said:
I like it! how old are your torts?

nice job btw

They are roughly 10 years old, I had them for 7.

Ever since I moved to my new place, I've been thinking of building a new home for them. They need the extra space.

Status
Not open for further replies.