New Website Needing Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, IL
Looks great. It's also great what you are doing to help the tortoises.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
T Smart said:
Looks great. It's also great what you are doing to help the tortoises.

Thank you. Busy as always from rescues needing medical attention to conservation species. This time of year especially gets busy on the rescue sanctuary side with cold weather and relinquishment animals.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Very nice. I'm having some problems with reading on my phone but I can't wait to get home and look at it on my computer and click around.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thank you. Im trying to rework the colors and some other things without having to do a complete redo. So bare with it for now. Soery :D

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
tortadise said:
Thank you. Im trying to rework the colors and some other things without having to do a complete redo. So bare with it for now. Soery :D

It's my eyes too. Not just the colors.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I still would like to integrate a lighter color with more of a contrast to highlight rather than just blend with everything.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
tortadise said:
Thanks guys. Im working on more text(edited this time :D) and of course photos.

We've got some tricks up our sleeve if you ever need a hand. I do all the stuff for our website myself.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That would be awesome. My eldest brother is a web developer and very good at what he does, but he has gotten so busy and cant help, that its just been me doing it, and Im not good at websites. My only issue with having it done right is the purposes of needed to change, add, or update stuff I would have to have someone with html, java script, blah blah blah knowledge to do it. So I guess the creator sites will just have to work for now. I am kinda not liking this site for my website services though. Do you recommend any good ones? I like your guys site its very nice.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
tortadise said:
That would be awesome. My eldest brother is a web developer and very good at what he does, but he has gotten so busy and cant help, that its just been me doing it, and Im not good at websites. My only issue with having it done right is the purposes of needed to change, add, or update stuff I would have to have someone with html, java script, blah blah blah knowledge to do it. So I guess the creator sites will just have to work for now. I am kinda not liking this site for my website services though. Do you recommend any good ones? I like your guys site its very nice.

Kelly -

I do have some possible suggestions, actually. Some of them will cost a little coin, but not a lot. Shoot me an email, and we can chat more on the subject.

tgt038

5 Year Member
As well as being a tortoise lover, I also run an Internet marketing agency, so drop me an email if you need help at all.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. I am however going to rework some stuff. Make it look a little more detailed and finish a lot of text up I have typed.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
Kelly: we recently updated our web site. The guy I used did a great job. My advice is to use a professional. It was not that expensive. His name is Jeff Hall.
[email protected]
We stick to what we do for a living and leave the rest to the professionals. If you want people to have an inside look into your tortoise sanctuary, than what better way than have an outstanding web site without spending an arm and a leg. Just my 2 cents. I agree with the others, colors are too dark, the print is too small, the pictures are too small, the menu on the left is ok. Your email icon on the bottom needs to appear more prominently for people to be able to contact you. If you use twitter, that needs to be on there as well. Hope this helps
Evan

Status
Not open for further replies.