No pictures please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
image-1247582022.png

I can't help take pics of Remi but she's so darn cute I can't stop, she looks mad in this pic hahaha paparazzi!

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
The day I got her in the mail and pulled her out of the box she came in she stole my heart. Gives me someone to talk to now haha.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Remi looks great! I'm sure she's sick of all the pics but I dont think they will stopping anytime soon. :)

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Remi looks great! I'm sure she's sick of all the pics but I dont think they will stopping anytime soon. :)

Thanks so much! I'm addicted to torts now, during my free time I spend all day reading about them.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Very nice photo, just remember when they are young and small that its easy to stress them out. Stress in babies can cause health problems too.
I always try to point this out to new keepers because its something you seldom read, but can make the difference in terms of a healthy tort or a sick one.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Livingstone said:
Very nice photo, just remember when they are young and small that its easy to stress them out. Stress in babies can cause health problems too.
I always try to point this out to new keepers because its something you seldom read, but can make the difference in terms of a healthy tort or a sick one.

Thanks and your right I'm am fully aware of stressing her out, I only handle her to soak her and take her outside that's when I usually snap pics of her. She does enjoy having her head petted during her soaks, she will stick her head out real far when I start to rub her head. I'm trying to get her as used to me as I can with out stressing her out. She seems very happy, Healthy and active, I took her to the vet a week after having her and was told she wouldnt live past a week and she was 2mths old at the time now she's almost four and seems to be doing great. Thanks for the advice :)

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
remitort071312 said:
Thanks and your right I'm am fully aware of stressing her out, I only handle her to soak her and take her outside that's when I usually snap pics of her. She does enjoy having her head petted during her soaks, she will stick her head out real far when I start to rub her head. I'm trying to get her as used to me as I can with out stressing her out. She seems very happy, Healthy and active, I took her to the vet a week after having her and was told she wouldnt live past a week and she was 2mths old at the time now she's almost four and seems to be doing great. Thanks for the advice :)

It's my pleasure. I did read your post about what the vet said, sometimes they can be wrong, it's very good that you didn't give up.

remitort071312

5 Year Member
Ohio
Livingstone said:
It's my pleasure. I did read your post about what the vet said, sometimes they can be wrong, it's very good that you didn't give up.

I don't think the guy I got her from was very honest about her care bc I zoomed in on her pic he sent me and all the other torts in the pic looked much healthier than her, but I'm only going off what I've read through the post, he has a huge farm with lots of outdoor enclosures but I had a hard time breaking her off romaine lettuce it was all she would eat when I got her, so I think she was spoiled on junk food before I got her.

Status
Not open for further replies.