Not growing

AsaGarcia03

Hi, I got my leopard tortoise from a breeder February 9, 2016 he was 3 inches the day I got him he is still the same size to this day he gets to go outdoors and in his indoor enclosure he has 90% humidity 80 degree Cool side and 95-100 basking area and also gets soaked everyday but he just is not growing any one know why?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Leopard babies grow a lot slower than, say, sulcatas. It's important you keep him set up properly. The correct diet, UVB, plenty of moisture/humidity and exercise all play a part in helping baby tortoises grow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you have weights?

What do you feed him?

How was the baby started at the breeders place?

AsaGarcia03

@Tom he was started how he was suppose to be I need to get a new scale my other one is stuck and I feed him romance lettuce fresh grass dandelion greens

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom he was started how he was suppose to be I need to get a new scale my other one is stuck and I feed him romance lettuce fresh grass dandelion greens

Any Mazuri? Clover? Alfalfa?

If he was well started and not growing now, then it might be diet related. None of those three items offers much protein for growth. All of those things are okay as part of a varied diet, but there needs to be much more. Personally, I would skip the lettuce and use other better things too.