Not our cat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
ascott said:
Very cool run in... funny how things happen huh? :D So, what do you call the lady cat?

Ironically of all the stuff she told me, I didn't get her name. So I guess I call her the cat lady...

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Sadly kitty seems to have disappeared. Hopefully her owners decided to start keeping her inside and better fed.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
ascott said:
Was she far enough along that maybe she is held up somewhere have babies?

Sadly I doubt it. She was only about a month along by everyone's reckoning.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
....such is the way of cats! I'm sure if she is still in the area and alive, she will return. if she does, then you might concider yourself just one of many safe spots she is maintaining. I had a cat that was being fed and housed by 3 other people... finally had to tag him just so they didn't think he belong to them.... Such is the way of cats!

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Zamric said:
....such is the way of cats! I'm sure if she is still in the area and alive, she will return. if she does, then you might concider yourself just one of many safe spots she is maintaining. I had a cat that was being fed and housed by 3 other people... finally had to tag him just so they didn't think he belong to them.... Such is the way of cats!

Haha I once followed my cat (he is very elderly now) over to one of my neighbors houses where I had to stop her from shoving him into a cat box to take with her when she moved! She was a little crazy, she thought Creamo was a female stray named "Kitty"... The collar and well groomed appearance apparently didn't register in her mind. He was really unhappy about being grabbed/shoved into a box, and ran off as soon as she let go. She was quite upset about me stealing her cat and planting a collar and name tag on him. After that experience I think he decided that one home was more then enough trouble for his tastes!

As for pregnant cat, I think if she was maintaining several homes she would be better fed. Her proportions suggested no homes, even though we figured out that she does have a (not good) home besides us.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Good news and bad news. Little cat came back last night and proceeded to make nests all over the house. Bad news is that she (in the cat manner of always being involved) followed Odin outside. Later that night Bryce went outside and was privy to the sounds of a raccoon catching and essentially shredding a cat in the house across the street, even worse, since their out of town, the gate was closed. Despite Bryce's best efforts he couldn't climb the 8 feet of sheer wood, and apparently raccoons don't care no matter how loud you yell profanities at them. Since we couldn't see through the fence we had no idea if it was preggers cat, Odin, or one of the many other neighbor hood cats. After several hours of waiting up in panic Odin showed up, sadly he was sans little cat. Due to her limited mobility we have some suspicions. Hopefully she's back tomorrow in one piece.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Zamric said:

:( she was like days away from having her kittens to. I could feel two big lumpy kittens moving around when I pet her stomach. I know it's bad, but I'm personally hoping that it was the nasty stray tom who beats the living daylights out of the other cats who got torn up instead of little kitty. The amount of fight being put out by the cat makes me hopeful, I don't think tiny little 3 pound cat could have lasted that long.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
ascott said:
Oh man...I hope all works out .....

Ahhhh! She was sleeping on the couch when I got to Bryce's after work! Never have I been more relieved to see someone else's cat!

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
ascott said:
"stupid cat".....lol :p see how quick that changed.....jk

I was so worried. First thing I did when I saw her was rub her watermelon belly, she went all jiggly and flopped onto my lap. Bryce is being a party pooper and says that I can not make her a new box in his house for her to have her kittens. But maybe, just maybe, I'll be getting a kitten :D my birthday is pretty soon...

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
im really glad she was ok :) and i hope here lil babies are growing good to :) i would sneak a box in for her to have her babies lol but..thats just me:rolleyes: hehe good luck and if you do get to see the babies we want pics :) i would also sneak her away after she weans the babies and get her fixed....thats not fair for them to let her keep havin babies ....

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Kvoigt said:
im really glad she was ok :) and i hope here lil babies are growing good to :) i would sneak a box in for her to have her babies lol but..thats just me:rolleyes: hehe good luck and if you do get to see the babies we want pics :) i would also sneak her away after she weans the babies and get her fixed....thats not fair for them to let her keep havin babies ....

If there was a possibility of me managing to sneak her into the vet I would lol. I'm not sure if it's two kittens or three, it's hard to tell. Bryce is enough of a push over that she'll probably end up having them in the aquarium room with or without a box. I'm sort of excited about potentially having kittens. Besides a hamster when I was little, who was a terrible mother, I've never had anything that wasn't cold blooded have babies. Even my old cat wasn't really a kitten when I got him, and that was almost 15 years ago. It's really exciting! Especially because were guessing that Bryce's cat might be one of the fathers, since he's so nice to her, even when she's wandering around playing with his stuff.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
....sigh of relief!....

Time to lock her in a room till she throws those kittens! Call it a "At Risk Pregnacy" and force her to bed!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.