Not so mini pumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Bought a mini pumpkin for my tort to try today, with it being almost Halloween and what not, well when I got it home, turns out it wasn't so mini!!

Aww!!!!

Little n large.

Attachments

• image-3171990163.png
    image-3171990163.png
    990.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image-524268466.png
    image-524268466.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 122

karleyreed

5 Year Member
I grated it. It was a little hard so was the best option. He does too!! Tried him with some parsnip and Brussel sprout leaves too, just as a little treat / change.

testtudude

5 Year Member
Lol!! I bought one for mine also. They say if u grind it up with seeds, skin and all it is a natural de-wormer. Mine wanted nothing to do with it, but they seem not to want any food right now. Glad Michelangelo is a good eater!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's cute. It is true, blend it all together, seeds and all, is a natural dewormer.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
What seeds?? I've not been told to give him and seeds? Tbh he's not, he eats but not a great deal. I'm putting it down to him just being a baby, but seen a few people on here saying they're having issues with torts not eating, maybe it's the time of year? Green leaves seem to be his favourite! I give him a strawberry now and then, he loves them!!

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
karleyreed said:
What seeds?? I've not been told to give him and seeds? Tbh he's not, he eats but not a great deal. I'm putting it down to him just being a baby, but seen a few people on here saying they're having issues with torts not eating, maybe it's the time of year? Green leaves seem to be his favourite! I give him a strawberry now and then, he loves them!!

The pumpkin seeds if you blend them up together and make a purée it acts as a dewormer. Mine has been eating more than usual:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
leonardo is closest...ALL worn=ming properties lie within the seeds...so they have to penetrate the hull to reap the worming benfits. This is why I run my pumpkins through a food processor...for all tortos...big and small! ;)

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Ahhh thankyou!!! I shall Defo
Do that next time and not throw them away!!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
What BEAUTIFUL hermann you have! I've never been able to look at such a young Hermann and say 'It's a Western!' but I could tell with yours! Where did you get him?

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
testtudude said:
They say if u grind it up with seeds, skin and all it is a natural de-wormer.

Really?! I am definitely going to try that! So you just throw it all in a blender? The guts and the seeds?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
That's so cute. Yep just throw it all in the blender. You can also freeze it. I had to. Mine didn't want anything to do with it, miss picky...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Seeing the tort walking around the pumpkin as though it were a fixture was funny. I suggest cutting it up and letting him go for it. If he does, don't forget to take pics and post it. :)

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Pokeymeg, I live in the north east of England, I got him from a local reptile store he had 6 at the time but they flew out. I love him soooo much!!! He's my baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.