Omg. It's so tiny.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
There are no words for this experience. My 1st hatchling is coming.

Yesterday one of my redfoot eggs had a hole and a crack in it. So I moved it into its own tub within the incubator, set on wet paper towel.
Today the tiny guy started to show us a bit more.
So happy, this one is from the very first adult female we rescued. She is extremely pyramided, when we got her very underweight with poop the consistency of pee. Nearly 2 yrs later (this year) she's as strong as an ox. Actually I think she's the boss of the herd.
She's laid 3 clutches adding to 19 eggs this year. Out of all my adults this was the one I wanted to have a hatchling from. 1st one is a keeper. :D
Should I be spraying this neonate or leave it be? Thinking I should have put it in a smaller tub too.

IMG_20160418_185003.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
How exciting! I can't wait to see a picture of him, when the hatching is complete.
Congratulations!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Was that from a "normal" sized egg?
I'm not sure what normal size is, but this was from one of the smallest eggs. I'll measure another egg from that clutch when I get home and let you know the size.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I've got some that are like ping pong ball size.
I'm pretty sure that they are infertile.
Thanks.
These are about ping pong size too Ed. I had temp set at 85f, this took 144 days.
Got some from another about golf ball size. They look like duds to me though(novis eye don't forget).